Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance Companies

Car Insurance Companies

Old May 25th 2007, 5:48 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Insurance Companies

Last Friday, when on my way to pick my boy up from the school bus stop, a car pulled out of a side road just as I reached the junction (he'd stopped to look if the way was clear, it wasn't ) and he hit me.

Anyways, my insurance company, NRMA, have been fantastic and today I got a letter from the other driver's insurer, RACQ, to say I wasn't at fault and they would sort it all out.

We hear so many stories of crap service on here, and I've been the victim of that myself too, that I just thought I'd post something good.

Jane
Old May 25th 2007, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future
Default Re: Car Insurance Companies

Hi

Hope you are ok, glad to here that about NRMA as just got my new car insured with them
Had really bad experiences with UK comapnies previously, as the same accident as yours happened to me, I ended up having to take a third liability, my insurance company (Norwich Union) said that if I wanted to argue this, they wouldn't legally cover me (even though I had paid extra for this in my premium).
Don't ever want a repeat of this problem.

Gothchick
Old May 25th 2007, 7:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Anyways, my insurance company, NRMA, have been fantastic and today I got a letter from the other driver's insurer, RACQ, to say I wasn't at fault and they would sort it all out.

Jane
I wouldn't be in too muchof a hurry to praise NRMA just yet.

My car was in an accident and I was insured with NRMA. They required me to take the car to one of their inspection sites which was miles away, I think they have about three serving the whole of Brisbane. I htink I had to take a half day off work, and when I called to check their location they had no record of me being booked in.

I then had to arrange to take it to an approved repairer, again the nearest one was miles away. No courtesy car, repairer took about three extra days than they said and didn't have all the parts required (depsite clearly knowing what was broken), I had hired a car at my own expense as this wasn't covered.

So, good luck with that!
Old May 25th 2007, 8:14 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
I wouldn't be in too muchof a hurry to praise NRMA just yet.

My car was in an accident and I was insured with NRMA. They required me to take the car to one of their inspection sites which was miles away, I think they have about three serving the whole of Brisbane. I htink I had to take a half day off work, and when I called to check their location they had no record of me being booked in.

I then had to arrange to take it to an approved repairer, again the nearest one was miles away. No courtesy car, repairer took about three extra days than they said and didn't have all the parts required (depsite clearly knowing what was broken), I had hired a car at my own expense as this wasn't covered.

So, good luck with that!
I don't need to hear all that. I've already had it assessed at Salisbury. Would have been half an hour away except for the road works on Moggill Road. They issue taxi vouchers now to and from the repairer. We've only got one car as Jim works from home so I hope they don't take too long. Even if they do, that's their fault, NRMA have been good so far.

Jane