car hire UK

Old May 16th 2005, 10:33 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default car hire UK

Need some advice.

We`ve sold both our cars (via ebay). Got £3500 for the Rav4 (`buy it now`) and my wife undervalued the Townace when she got a call about it (she said she`d stop the auction for £1400.... got an offer 2 days later for £1600.... oh well... damn thing had 41 watchers and over 400 hits on ebay in just 5 days!).

Anyways, upshot is we`re taking the Townace to S`ton on the 28th to give to the buyer, and we`ll need a car from the 28th May - 1st June for 2 adults, a baby and luggage (will be 2 suitcases and 2 small trolley-things as hand luggage).

Any idea`s what car from this lot we can get which will fit us in? I`m not sure if the normal Focus or Fusion or whatever else would or not. Just want to save money on the rental so only want to get what we need (2 or 4 door) which can handle the 3 of us and luggage to the airport.

http://online.atlaschoice.com/cars/

just put in S`ton 28th May 12:30 - London 1st June 18:00. 35 yr old.

Really appreciate your opinion.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:59 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car hire UK

The cheapest rental I found in southampton was with Budget , picked up at the ibis hotel which is central soton.

Be careful hiring - becuase whatever car you specify will be 'similar' - so we specified a big 'mondeo' type and they had a megane ... which they said was an upgrade - I fumed (car laden with suitcases + kids) and they gave me a megane scenic .

So whatever class you chose - unless you specifiy estate - you could get something different bootsize.

When you book it (like this week) phone them , ask what specific car you will get tell them you need large boot etc and see what they can do. if they cant do the right thing then can it.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stormz
Need some advice.

We`ve sold both our cars (via ebay). Got £3500 for the Rav4 (`buy it now`) and my wife undervalued the Townace when she got a call about it (she said she`d stop the auction for £1400.... got an offer 2 days later for £1600.... oh well... damn thing had 41 watchers and over 400 hits on ebay in just 5 days!).

Anyways, upshot is we`re taking the Townace to S`ton on the 28th to give to the buyer, and we`ll need a car from the 28th May - 1st June for 2 adults, a baby and luggage (will be 2 suitcases and 2 small trolley-things as hand luggage).

Any idea`s what car from this lot we can get which will fit us in? I`m not sure if the normal Focus or Fusion or whatever else would or not. Just want to save money on the rental so only want to get what we need (2 or 4 door) which can handle the 3 of us and luggage to the airport.

Hi Gary,

Just wanted to say well done for selling the cars....good luck with the rental, sorry I can't help with this as we have never rented in the uk. Hope you get a good deal.

Judith, Wayne & Zack.
Old May 16th 2005, 8:50 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
Need some advice.

http://bikedream.net/bikedream/Photo%20gallery.htm

this company looks okay