Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a little bit of a worry

a little bit of a worry

Old May 16th 2005, 8:27 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation a little bit of a worry

sent our application of to dimia 2 weeks ago hopefully going out on 139 visa just a little worry i have on the police checks that will be coming up next when i was 17 i had a bit of a run in with the law and got done in a juvernile court has any one had the same experiance will it show up or will it just disapear and stop haunting me can some one please put me out of my misery
Old May 16th 2005, 8:31 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: a little bit of a worry

Originally Posted by rick07
sent our application of to dimia 2 weeks ago hopefully going out on 139 visa just a little worry i have on the police checks that will be coming up next when i was 17 i had a bit of a run in with the law and got done in a juvernile court has any one had the same experiance will it show up or will it just disapear and stop haunting me can some one please put me out of my misery

I am not a hardened criminal like you but I don't think it counts before you are 18 years old. How old are you now? They only want the last 10 years police check. As my husband says, 200 hundred years ago it would have been a REQUIREMENT to get out there!!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Anne
Old May 16th 2005, 8:41 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: a little bit of a worry

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I am not a hardened criminal like you but I don't think it counts before you are 18 years old. How old are you now? They only want the last 10 years police check. As my husband says, 200 hundred years ago it would have been a REQUIREMENT to get out there!!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Anne
Thanks Anne
I am 34 now been clean since the little bit of bother so def feel better if they only want last ten years things keep going round my head to scare me every night :scared:
Old May 16th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Anne
I am 34 now been clean since the little bit of bother so def feel better if they only want last ten years things keep going round my head to scare me every night :scared:

Your convictions will be spent now and will no longer appear on your PCC. If you are unsure, get your PCC's done and fill in the forms accordingly, that way you can frontload them as well. They seems to be coming back in about 14 days at the moment. If you have no further issues since then they won't hold it against you.

Edit: Woops just read your thread again and see that you have already sent your application, the offence is spent and won't be a problem.

Mello, you are on the way..........
Old May 16th 2005, 9:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If it was only the one offence that long ago, then it may well have been weeded and may not appear on your record now.
Whether or not it is "spent" is irrelevant as all offences are disclosed on Subject Access checks, regardless of whether they are spent for other purposes. Also it is not just the last 10 years that are checked, the police will reveal all offences that are on record, their age doesn't matter.
Polly

(police records checker)