Reload this Page >

Car Hire - Brisbane & Melbourne

Car Hire - Brisbane & Melbourne

Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Hire - Brisbane & Melbourne

Hi,

We are on our way over in just over a couple of weeks for a validation trip. I've trawled the froum and pulled up quotes from all the usual hire car companies. Anyone have that nugget of a good company to use that I can check a quote with.

Best I have at the moment is $1,145 for 17 days in Brisbane and about $300 for 4 days in Melbourne. This includes the extra CDW to reduce excess for a car about intermediate size.

Is this a good or bad quote. Holiday autos.com.au also seems to be very good price but the terms and conditions are like a book!!!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:53 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Hire - Brisbane & Melbourne

Have a look at Budget.com.au there is an offer for 3 days over a weekend for $114 so might work out cheaper

One thing in Melbourne to remember is the toll freeway www.citylink.com.au check the site for how much a day pass costs and compare it to how much the rental company charge (it's all electronic tolling no pay booths) might work out cheaper to phone up for a day pass yourself rather than pay the hire company rates.

How's sunny Sussex these days?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Have a look at Budget.com.au there is an offer for 3 days over a weekend for $114 so might work out cheaper

One thing in Melbourne to remember is the toll freeway www.citylink.com.au check the site for how much a day pass costs and compare it to how much the rental company charge (it's all electronic tolling no pay booths) might work out cheaper to phone up for a day pass yourself rather than pay the hire company rates.

How's sunny Sussex these days?

Thanks for the tip on the toll charges. We are planning to spend all our time in Melbourne checking out the suburbs in the South East area and maybe a jaunt into Melbourne on the train, so I'm not sure how many tolls we would clock up?

We are not in Melbourne over the weekend, so I could not use that offer - Bugger.

Sussex is wet today, managed to get drenched walking into work this morning. However, still light at 8pm now and definitely getting warmer. The only other major news I can think of here is that Brighton are close to relegation after a terrible run of results over the last few weeks.

How's the search for work going - any joy?

Cheers

Mark
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:53 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkO'G
Thanks for the tip on the toll charges. We are planning to spend all our time in Melbourne checking out the suburbs in the South East area and maybe a jaunt into Melbourne on the train, so I'm not sure how many tolls we would clock up?

We are not in Melbourne over the weekend, so I could not use that offer - Bugger.

Sussex is wet today, managed to get drenched walking into work this morning. However, still light at 8pm now and definitely getting warmer. The only other major news I can think of here is that Brighton are close to relegation after a terrible run of results over the last few weeks.

How's the search for work going - any joy?

Cheers

Mark
I'll take it all back, to buy a Citylink daypass yourself is $10.05 budget will sort it out for you for $7.90 http://www.budget.com.au/tips_citylink.php

A car hire firm that doesn't take the chance to add something extra on, I almost fell off my chair in shock!!!

To do the trip from the Airport to the SE suburbs will cover the entire toll route but a day pass will cover you for as many trips as you want for 24 hours. By the way beware the tunnel past the CBD, as far as I've been told there are speed checks in there and there are quite a few plain clothes cars around.

Whereabouts are you going to be staying?

No luck with job hunting, having major probs with my trade qualifications at the moment so am heading back to college shortly to requalify.

Glad to hear you survived winter on the Sarf Coast. Have the remains of the pier survived or has it fallen into the sea yet? Such a shame the money was never found to restore it.

The guys I worked with at the Power Station have been keeping me up to date on the Seagulls progress or lack of it.

Cheers

Paul