John Mason

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

kellym is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up John Mason

Hi

I had a quote from John Masons about 2wks ago the chap that came round was called stuart he seemed really helpful and clued up on his business I am not sure if I should get other quotes in also I am running out of time ?

Kel
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: John Mason

Originally Posted by kellym
Hi

I had a quote from John Masons about 2wks ago the chap that came round was called stuart he seemed really helpful and clued up on his business I am not sure if I should get other quotes in also I am running out of time ?

Kel

We had Crown round last week, Kelly

The guy was very helpful and informative, and because they have an office in Brisbane, where we are heading for, its the same company door to door and not some agent from elsewhere when we get there, just incase there are any problems and the agent wont accept responsibility.

PM Mr Mover, he is always a mind of info on this subject!!

Bill
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Kel
Hi Kel
We used John Mason to move to Melbourne, absolutely brilliant!
Do get other quotes, a least 3 altogether an then make a decision (if you have the time). I would recommend John Mason.

Good luck

Regards
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby and I used John Mason last year to move to Victoria.

I have to say I cant fault them in any way for the whole of the door to door service. Everything arrived on time and with very minor breakage (glass on the front of a picture frame).

I wouldnt suggest they are the cheapest, but they are right in there with the middle of the pack quotes we got.

Like someone else said tho, definately get some other quotes even if its just to set your own mind at rest.

Good luck,

Hels
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:10 am
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

We used John Mason last year to bring our stuff over to Sydney. We didn't meet anyone in person beforehand as we were only shipping 100 cuft, but the girl on the phone was really helpful and could answer all my questions - and believe me I had many! Nearly everything got here in one piece, which was a bonus, but I'd advise you to pack up anything you really value (sentimental) yourself in bubble wrap, as our guys packed using only tissue paper.... I'm not sure what other companies use.

Overall though, I would thoroughly recommend them.

Good luck!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:19 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Kel

Hi Kel,

Are you taking your furniture or just personal items?

I am only taking boxes of personal items, I got a quote from John Masons and then someone gave me the link of sevenseas, I have decided to go with them as their quote was cheaper. Our boxes arrive tomorrow.

Here is the link if you want to check it out..

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Good luck...

Deb
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:24 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by l_jg
We used John Mason last year to bring our stuff over to Sydney. We didn't meet anyone in person beforehand as we were only shipping 100 cuft, but the girl on the phone was really helpful and could answer all my questions - and believe me I had many! Nearly everything got here in one piece, which was a bonus, but I'd advise you to pack up anything you really value (sentimental) yourself in bubble wrap, as our guys packed using only tissue paper.... I'm not sure what other companies use.

Overall though, I would thoroughly recommend them.

Good luck!
I used Masons too to Melbourne, very good and their agents were great over here, a couple of minor breakages but the insurance claim handled very quickly and paid in full.

From what I've heard from people I know Allied Pickfords should be avoided at all costs, crap service, over priced and don't expect much help if there are problems.

Regarding the tissue paper I asked them about that, apparently they don't use bubble wrap as it causes problems in transit. The guy in charge of my packing crew said the American firms use it and due to the temperatures these containers can reach on the open seas the bubbles burst and then end up leaving an imprint especially on furniture. He reckoned they had seen loads of antique stuff from America that looked like it had been attacked by an octopus lol.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:18 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

As per my thread last week our shipment left with John Mason last Wednesday.
They quoted less than Crown and more than certain others but were very helpful in the pre-move discussions.
Their guys worked efficiently and in a touch-and-go situation managed to squeeze everything into a 20ft container.
(PS We insured with Letton Percival rather than John Mason as the former were significantly cheaper)
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
We had Crown round last week, Kelly

The guy was very helpful and informative, and because they have an office in Brisbane, where we are heading for, its the same company door to door and not some agent from elsewhere when we get there, just incase there are any problems and the agent wont accept responsibility.

PM Mr Mover, he is always a mind of info on this subject!!

Bill
Hi Bill

Thanks for that I will look in to that thanks

Kel
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stewie
Hi Kel
We used John Mason to move to Melbourne, absolutely brilliant!
Do get other quotes, a least 3 altogether an then make a decision (if you have the time). I would recommend John Mason.

Good luck

Regards
Hi Stewie

Thanks for that I think I will ask Crown too, it just seemed that John Mason gets good feed back from most people that have used them.

Thanks again

Kel
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by deba34
Hi Kel,

Are you taking your furniture or just personal items?

I am only taking boxes of personal items, I got a quote from John Masons and then someone gave me the link of sevenseas, I have decided to go with them as their quote was cheaper. Our boxes arrive tomorrow.

Here is the link if you want to check it out..

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Good luck...

Deb
Hi Deb

I am taking furniture and effects the volume was 600ft, not too much, I can have my own container or send it as a shared load, but I will look in to the link , thanks your hlep.

Kel
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
I used Masons too to Melbourne, very good and their agents were great over here, a couple of minor breakages but the insurance claim handled very quickly and paid in full.

From what I've heard from people I know Allied Pickfords should be avoided at all costs, crap service, over priced and don't expect much help if there are problems.

Regarding the tissue paper I asked them about that, apparently they don't use bubble wrap as it causes problems in transit. The guy in charge of my packing crew said the American firms use it and due to the temperatures these containers can reach on the open seas the bubbles burst and then end up leaving an imprint especially on furniture. He reckoned they had seen loads of antique stuff from America that looked like it had been attacked by an octopus lol.
What aload of CRAP, they are just too cheap to pay the extra for proper ship wrap, paper lined bubble wrap. WE are not talking about plastic bubble wrap, Masons great company but wiill cut costs wher,ever............. mm
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:13 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
What aload of CRAP, they are just too cheap to pay the extra for proper ship wrap, paper lined bubble wrap. WE are not talking about plastic bubble wrap, Masons great company but wiill cut costs wher,ever............. mm
OK, I only passed on what I was told, lol, as they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:16 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Just put a bit of bubble wrap into a really hot bath - betcha it doesn't burst!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Hi

Kel

We used John Mason and should get our stuff within the next few days and they have been nothing but pure bliss! Totally helpful and alreadys ready to give answers to questions. We used them as I had come on this forum and got such good feed back from other users.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.