Car Hire

Old May 4th 2008, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

seabass007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Hire

Hi im coming to the Gold coast in July.

Can anyone reccommend and good / cheap care hire firms that I could use.

We will pick the car up from the airport if possible.

Thanks
Old May 4th 2008, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

GaznEm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Car Hire

Hi,
Were using ALAMO. They were cheap and you can pick up from airport, you can save money by pre paying in u.k. They use partner companies, so wi'll be picking the car up from Eurocar at Brisbane Airport.Everything included in quote.
Old May 4th 2008, 2:40 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seabass007

Thanks

We have just booked ours for 5 weeks with Redback who bring the car to the airport to meet your flight. They are really helpful and have found the vehicles excellent and the rates even better. We hire an X-trail but they have alsorts of vehicles. You can book online.

http://www.redbackrentals.com.au/fleet.html

Last edited by ray2gill; May 4th 2008 at 2:41 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 4th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I always use www.holidayautos.com everytime I've used them they have been the most competitively priced and never had any hassles...happy holidays!
Old May 4th 2008, 7:30 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
At Brisbane airport use www.abel.com.au

Cheapest and airport pick up shuttle, drop off. 5 mins from the terminal and very good new cars etc.

Personally havn't been able to beat them for visitors and myself alike and am in the Almo/Hertz gold frequent renters clubs blah blah.

Highly recommend since make it easy when you arrive or leave.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

seabass007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help guys
Old May 5th 2008, 5:19 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
east coast car rentals are about the best for value

http://www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.au/

used them several times and always recommend them to visiting rellies etc never had a problem
Old May 5th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Thanks
I just double checked all of these and Europcar was the cheapest ($61p/day for an 8 seater with unlimited mileage).

Followed closely by East Coast Car Rentals - $6 more expensive, then Redback $27p/day more; Alamo $29p/day more; Abel - a whopping $40p/day more.
Old May 5th 2008, 6:59 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dejags
I just double checked all of these and Europcar was the cheapest ($61p/day for an 8 seater with unlimited mileage).

Followed closely by East Coast Car Rentals - $6 more expensive, then Redback $27p/day more; Alamo $29p/day more; Abel - a whopping $40p/day more.
just watch out for the additional insurance when you arrive
this can be as much as another $15 a day
Old May 5th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
just watch out for the additional insurance when you arrive
this can be as much as another $15 a day
Yeah I know this can be a scam. I double checked that the rate is all inclusive.

Thanks though :-)
Old May 5th 2008, 8:10 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dejags
Yeah I know this can be a scam. I double checked that the rate is all inclusive.

Thanks though :-)
Ah check the level of insurance though. All of the rates offered will be inclusive but at a level of say a $2500 excess. To reduce that excess you will pay a premium. I can't think of a company in Australia who doesn't do that. Just a word of warning.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Centurion
Ah check the level of insurance though. All of the rates offered will be inclusive but at a level of say a $2500 excess. To reduce that excess you will pay a premium. I can't think of a company in Australia who doesn't do that. Just a word of warning.
I know. All of the above rates were for this rate though. They would all be extra $$$ per day for additional insurance.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:07 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

redback have all sorts of hidden small print personally we had a bad experience with them we hired and xtrail with a sun roof and whilst driving along the highway the sunroof imploded and was smashed to bits we had taken the excess waiver out we thought we would be covered but we werent and it cost us £1000 to get it fixed so we parked the car up once it was fixed too frightened to drive it again whats more they just took the money off our credit card without asking (because we were disputing it) and it took us over the balance so we had more charges to pay

east coast rentals were very good the car was fantastic and they were really helpful infact we took the car back with no petrol in cos we forgot and they came through and told us and said we can go and fill up because their charge was more expensive which we thought was good of them also we were late back with it and they didnt charge us any extra

but everyone is different

good luck

jan xx