Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney FTC Meet - Tuesday 6 May

Sydney FTC Meet - Tuesday 6 May

Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:11 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney FTC Meet - Tuesday 6 May

Next week sees the first Tuesday of the month so here we are again organising the next meet of the First Tuesday Club (FTC). Our meets are for anyone to come along to but we tend to be mums either with toddlers in tow or older children in school. We try to choose child friendly places and meet from 10.30am for coffee / chat / lunch etc. . . .

I'm hoping we can set this for one of our Terrey Hills venues as I need to get away early this month. Anyone any preference as to whether it's a garden centre or Terrey Hills Tavern - the Tavern being a safer bet weather wise?

If you are newly arrived or just want to get out and meet some friendly faces, why not come along? A table will be booked in the name of First Tuesday Club but if walking towards a crowd of strangers fills you with trepidation pm me for my mobile number.

So, who's free?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:12 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sydney FTC Meet - Tuesday 6 May

We'll be there.

Re garden vs tavern - whichever has a lock-in play area, please!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I don't mind which. If we could get one of the inside tables beside the play area of the Tav it would probably be more pleasant than Hills if the weather is cold, though the outside tables are nicer; if we want to be right beside the play area of Hills it could be a bit chilly. (As you can see I'm acclimatising rapidly!). I'm going to be at Hills on Friday morning so I can check out just how covered/warm it is if you like. I'm pretty sure the play area at Bonds is outside.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I can make it, either venue will suit me.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are around too.

Happy to go to whichever is the warmer/most child friendly option!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

We will be there......
Havent been to either place so will let someone else make the call.........
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there for my last ever FTC meet.

I don't mind where.

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

ShazC is an unknown quantity at this point

This sounds good, I think I can make this one too. http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...s/thumbsup.gif
Yes, anywhere as long as it has a play area. Looking forward to catching up with you all.......then only 3 days after that I will see you all again at my party!!!!!!http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jaidee is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw guys, well wont be able to make this one either........WORK!!!!Will def have first/second/third Tuesday of July holidays in my diary.......Terry Hills Tavern is nice though.......ENJOY ALL.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:39 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Smile Re: Sydney FTC Meet - Tuesday 6 May

I'm also able to make it, I like the Tavern & would rather be warmer than colder, so whichever has an inside area.

As usual doing a great job Bindy....we all rely on you
K
Old May 1st 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there too.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Emily... is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I should be able to make it too

Emily
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be there. I quite liked the tavern last time, but I'm happy to go with wherever suits those with kids. We never got to see the playground bit last time as they hadn't finished it, so I don't know if anyone knows what that's like.
Anyway, I'll see you all wherever on Tuesday.
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Ok, just back from coffee at Hills and even though the sun is shining this morning, the outside bit was pretty chilly and the play area is only covered with those sunshade sails, it's not totally enclosed. There was obviously a mums and toddler group meeting and they had booked a table beside the play area - I noticed everyone kept their coats on [grin]
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:56 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

So have we decided on a venue for definite? bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.