Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canterbury and Otago NZ

Canterbury and Otago NZ

Old May 11th 2003, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

davieshm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canterbury and Otago NZ

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Gave me a few insights and things to think about, like how quiet a place do I really want to live in? For all those off out to NZ good luck and enjoy your adventure.
Old May 11th 2003, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by davieshm
Hi Gra.

THanks for the post, would love to see the links you`ve found, I have found some myself, but there are always more out there and you never know how good the links are that you`ve found.

Cheers
I expect you've come across these already, most search engines bring up the same.

www.cityofdunedin.com Best one I've found for Dunedin, loads of info, links to job sites etc.

www.cityofdunedin.com/city/?page=searchtools_gis from the same site but well worth looking at. It's a link to the COD web map. With this you can enter a street name, then zoom in on an actual aerial photo of the area. You can get right into their garden! Excellent for house hunting, some agents list the addresses on their sites.

www.davidwallphoto.com/gallery.asp Excellent photo site, loads for Otago, haven't looked at other areas but sure there's a lot there.

www.oamaru.org Oamaru's own site! Worth a look.

www.odt.co.nz Otago daily times, on line. Back issues, Saturdays have job listings for area.

Had a look at the others but mostly seem to be estate agents. Expect you've got those.

Anyway, hope some of this is of use.

Gra....
Old May 14th 2003, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

davieshm is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the sites. I had found most of them but didn`t discover the oamaru website ( one I really wanted to see). Thanks again.