Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can't wait to tell work !!!!!

Can't wait to tell work !!!!!

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Can't wait to tell work !!!!!

I am really really excited at the moment but have to contain myself so I just thought I would post this on here, has anyone else felt the urge, when your boss gives you loads of hassle about things, do you just feel like saying to him "I don't care I'm going anyway, nah nah ne ne nah"

But you know you can't even though you are nearly there, until you get that beloved visa, it is pretty bad for me at the moment, I just cant motivate myself and I know I have to give 2 months notice

There must be some people going thru' this or they have been thru' it?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can't wait to tell work !!!!!

Originally Posted by Dicko
I am really really excited at the moment but have to contain myself so I just thought I would post this on here, has anyone else felt the urge, when your boss gives you loads of hassle about things, do you just feel like saying to him "I don't care I'm going anyway, nah nah ne ne nah"

But you know you can't even though you are nearly there, until you get that beloved visa, it is pretty bad for me at the moment, I just cant motivate myself and I know I have to give 2 months notice

There must be some people going thru' this or they have been thru' it?
I've already told my boss. And most people at work have known for months. But as I'm an Oz citizen it's not an issue. However, hubby is applying for a spouse visa. He's told work but luckily they all get along really well and he hasn't resigned as yet. They just know it's on the cards and have discussed notice period and how they'll deal with it when the time comes.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ushas
I've already told my boss. And most people at work have known for months. But as I'm an Oz citizen it's not an issue. However, hubby is applying for a spouse visa. He's told work but luckily they all get along really well and he hasn't resigned as yet. They just know it's on the cards and have discussed notice period and how they'll deal with it when the time comes.

I was thinking of this, but dont know what would happen if I didn't get our Visa for some unknown reason

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Last edited by Dicko; Sep 22nd 2004 at 8:27 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Can't wait to tell work !!!!!

Hubbie came back from work last night well p'd off. He told a kid in his class (age 14) three times to put his football magazine away. He refused so when hubby went to take the magazine the kid grabbed his arm and shoved it away. After hubby read him the riot act the kid just said "F*** you"
Think the only thing keeping him going right now is knowing he has already handed in his notice.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of this, but dont know what would happen if I didn't get our Visa for some unknown reason

Don't do it yet Dicko.....wait until it's firm.....you'll enjoy it when it comes.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

We are quite lucky in that we both work in fairly close quarters with our colleagues and have good friends among them. They are therefore aware of the rather heartbreaking circumstances which led to our decision and are therefore very understanding.
Because of the situation I work in we felt it was only fair to allow my boss as much time as possible to find a replacement for me. I teach in an independent school so the pay is quite low and the work quite intense as we do not get supply or support from the boss. Therefore it is usually hard to find people willing to work in those conditions. (Although I love my job.)
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

mel and paul is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm handin my notice in tomorrow morning and cannot wait
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

luverly is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mel and paul
I'm handin my notice in tomorrow morning and cannot wait
me too ! me too !

(although my boss already knows so it kinda takes the shine off it but anyway 4 weeks time and i'll be leavin' on a jet plane! )
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nessa will become famous soon enoughNessa will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Can't wait to tell work !!!!!

Hi Dicko,
I think I know how you feel, I'm in the final wait for my visa and desperately want to hand my notice in. I have told my boss and colleagues so they know it's going to happen, it's just a case of when ! I find it really hard to concentrate and 'get the job done', especially the more pressure there is the more I want to say bo****ks I'm leaving soon. Selling the house, packing and everything else to think about - it's no wonder I can't concentrate ! I think it's going to get worse though when the notice is finally handed in. Although then I'll have to hand over to my replacement (if they find one quick enough) and that's another hassle ! Still when I get to Oz, I won't have to work - hubby is going to bring in the cash ! I'm just doing the childcare bit, and I'm looking forward to it.
Nessa
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:16 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on till when you need to hand it in mate. Make sure the visa's all sorted till you do it.

Handed mine in Monday which felt excellent. My boss is a good bloke so he cool about it. His boss hasn't mentioned it but seem's pretty pissed off.

My former boss who is still in my team has been the bitch from hell since she found out. She was the one who hired me and I suspect she's feeling duped as I've only been there since Feb.

Paul.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:40 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,
My head at school knew last year that I was planning on going as I had to ask him for a reference for my NOOSR. I told the rest of the staff in May as I felt that I was sneaking around and lying when I said that I didn't want to go on courses. There is an issue concerning my notice which is really getting on my nerves. The head said that I had to work a term (around 10 - 15 weeks depending on which term visa arrives) but when they were making staff redundant last year the notice period was only a month. Not a very happy bunny at the moment and can't wait to go.
Sarah