Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

They say bad luck comes in threes?

They say bad luck comes in threes?

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:18 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy They say bad luck comes in threes?

Hi Guys,
Who was it that said bad luck comes in threes?
We got a phone call from our solicitor this morning saying our house sale had fallen through,seemingly the buyer has just lost his job?The couple that are buying it are local too & her mum lives in the same street as us! they never even had the decency to come & see us even though we had said to them if there was any problems give us a ring or chap the door.
Severly f%*ked of at the moment, but what can you do but get on with it.
Back to square one,If you hear rumbles of thunder this afternoon,Its hubby & i exploding
We had the crap with the psychologist,house sale falls through, waiting for disaster no.3

Donna.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: They say bad luck comes in threes?

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Guys,
We got a phone call from our solicitor this morning saying our house sale had fallen through,seemingly the buyer has just lost his job?The couple that are buying it are local too & her mum lives in the same street as us! they never even had the decency to come & see us even though we had said to them if there was any problems give us a ring or chap the door.
Back to square one,If you hear rumbles of thunder this afternoon,Its hubby & i exploding
We had the crap with the psychologist,house sale falls through, waiting for disaster no.3

Donna.
Hiya Babes
Listen dont get down hearted.......things happen for a reason........our house sale fell through twice.............and as friggin annoying as it was, it actually turned out better, cos we didnt have to find other accommodation before we left the UK, we left straight from our home of 18 years and it was brill............we didnt sell until we were over in Oz been here almost 3 months and just got our money through a couple of weeks ago...which wasnt a prob cos we were renting anyways

Keep your spirits up, get house back on the market again, the estate agents shouldnt charge u for the sale cos it fell thro....ours didnt we paid the same as we would have done if the sale went thro first time.

I take it you hadnt signed the missives,.
Of you had you can sue therer asses off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont look for casualty number 3, u will make it over I am sure of it.
Take Care and u know where I am if u need a winge
Luv
H
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:50 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

Donna.
OH Donna Hun, I haven't got a clue what to say.

Hoping that you find another buyer soon and next week is a much better one for you all.

Kala x
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:54 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Donna

After the thunder and hurricane there is always clear blue sky with lots of peaceful ness.

Hold on mate.

Badri
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys,

Donna.
Donna,

Know the feeling, our buyer pulled out 4 weeks ago

Chin up and have a huge glass of red wine - Aussie of course!

I'm resigned to the fact that we can't book our passage out of here until we exchange some time in the future....

Hope you find a new buyer quickly

Hev
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:02 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Donna you poor bugger.. What can I say...it must be sooo frustrating...you get your buyer an think wayhey...SORTED then this happens!!!

I so hope you get another buyer soon....you deserve some good luck for a change.

Like Hev said....get sloshed on some aussie red tonight, make some dolls of your buyers an stick pins in 'em!!!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:14 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Donna.
Hi Donna,

What an absolute flippin' bugger. I'm with artep as well, get ratted tonight.

The only advice I can give you is hang in there.

D D
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 5:12 pm
togooff&things

So sorry for the bad times you are having. Just keep focused on that silver lining. You'll get there when it's right for you - must just not be time yet!

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:04 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear this Donna

Fingers crossed you will get another one soon

Julia
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Oh Donna
What a bummer. Not a lot you can do though except keep your chin up and get on with it. Hope you find another buyer soon.
Yvonne
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:36 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Donna,
I'm really sorry to hear your house sale has fallen through. You certainly didn't need that after the issue with the psychologist.
Keep your chin up and I really hope you get another buyer really soon.
Shell
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:44 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody,
Just gota get on with it! Couldnt believe it this morning,it came as a total shock.
I am a bit down about it,but these things happen,looking forward & fingers crossed we sell as quick as we thought we had first time round!
Got our original estate agent coming back round tomorrow & two others from different companys,going to listen to there best sales pitch & takin no snash!
Thank you all for your kind thoughts,i know so many of you all are in the same boat x
Donna.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:45 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody,
Just gota get on with it! Couldnt believe it this morning,it came as a total shock.
I am a bit down about it,but these things happen,looking forward & fingers crossed we sell as quick as we thought we had first time round!
Got our original estate agent coming back round tomorrow & two others from different companys,going to listen to there best sales pitch & takin no snash!
Thank you all for your kind thoughts,i know so many of you all are in the same boat x
Donna.
hi donna. the whole road to Oz isnt all yellow . its always 2 steps forward 1 step back. sometimes u make your luck, good or bad. youve had a hard time of it lately so dont go looking for more bad luck, set your sights on good luck. u cant do anything about people pulling out of the house. but it could have been worse. your visa could be here and u could have booked tickets !!! i know you are a bit angry at them pulling out, but look at it this way, think how they are feeling. someone has just lost a job and now has no chance of buying any house for a while.
you can look at this set back two ways, 1 we must have the worst luck in the world and be all grumpy about it or 2 it wont be long till we are in Oz, who cares how long it takes.
you will get here !!!!
we had a few set backs too but we took them on the chin and didnt get down about it because nothing would spoil our dream. its just another hurdle to kick down or jump over. so get they good sannies on and glide over it. i remember an old saying by Mary dolls (Rab Cs wife). "when live is going great life sure knows how to give u a swift kick in the bawz" its not a kick its just a wee nudge pal.
its a good idea to use the forum to get it off your chest because it helps others see the probs ahead of them. we are all behind u and there is no chance of gettin a swift kick from us. well u might from me, because it means its longer till i get my beer from u know
anyway, the house might sell for more now and it might be enought to cover the tickets
right im rabblin now. good luck
soapy
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:25 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

How horrible for you - really have my fingers crossed for you that the third thing doesnt happen.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Might not help, but maybe some karma will make you smile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.