Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

so can anyone help please?

We didn't realise that we have voicemail on our home phone as it wasn't mentioned by Telstra (!) however electrician came to do something and told me we have a message. He couldn't remember how to pick it up.

Would appreciate if someone could post the codes to check, delete etc voicemails as I can't find anything on internet (and really don't want to put myself through going into another Telstra shop) (anyone else there got the urge to shout out profanities when they pass by the Telstra shops ??!)

Thank you
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:59 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

I can only assume it's standard for everyone but we dial 101.

Google "Telstra voicemail".
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:41 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

and *10# to find out your missed calls.....although it doesn't register all of them?! I have missed calls before and when i dialed it said there are no missed calls registered?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by betsyboob
and *10# to find out your missed calls.....although it doesn't register all of them?! I have missed calls before and when i dialed it said there are no missed calls registered?
Calls from my friend who is on Optus never seem to register
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

You also get charged five or six dollars a month for having their answer service so you can have it switched off if you want to use your own equipment.

When you pick up the phone it clicks when there is a message. Trouble is in our house no-one picks up the phone as they use their mobiles and often we get the message two days later.

Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
so can anyone help please?

We didn't realise that we have voicemail on our home phone as it wasn't mentioned by Telstra (!) however electrician came to do something and told me we have a message. He couldn't remember how to pick it up.

Would appreciate if someone could post the codes to check, delete etc voicemails as I can't find anything on internet (and really don't want to put myself through going into another Telstra shop) (anyone else there got the urge to shout out profanities when they pass by the Telstra shops ??!)

Thank you
Don't know if you've solved this yet, but you may also find that there is a preset pin number to retrieve your messages - ours had been set to the last 4 (I think ? ) numbers of our home telephone number - of course, Telstra neglected to tell us this, so we had to waste hours trying to get through to them to find out !!! :curse:

Good luck