British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cant-get-through-telstra-surprise-surprise-583520/)

Tooterelli Jan 12th 2009 1:52 am

Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

so can anyone help please?

We didn't realise that we have voicemail on our home phone as it wasn't mentioned by Telstra (!) however electrician came to do something and told me we have a message. He couldn't remember how to pick it up.

Would appreciate if someone could post the codes to check, delete etc voicemails as I can't find anything on internet (and really don't want to put myself through going into another Telstra shop) (anyone else there got the urge to shout out profanities when they pass by the Telstra shops ??!)

Thank you

Kooky. Jan 12th 2009 1:59 am

Re: Can't get through to Telstra (surprise surprise)

I can only assume it's standard for everyone but we dial 101.

Google "Telstra voicemail".

betsyboob Jan 12th 2009 2:41 am

and *10# to find out your missed calls.....although it doesn't register all of them?! I have missed calls before and when i dialed it said there are no missed calls registered?:confused:

TMRE Jan 12th 2009 4:00 am

Originally Posted by betsyboob (Post 7154632)
and *10# to find out your missed calls.....although it doesn't register all of them?! I have missed calls before and when i dialed it said there are no missed calls registered?:confused:

Calls from my friend who is on Optus never seem to register:sneaky:

Petals Jan 12th 2009 5:36 am

You also get charged five or six dollars a month for having their answer service so you can have it switched off if you want to use your own equipment.

When you pick up the phone it clicks when there is a message. Trouble is in our house no-one picks up the phone as they use their mobiles and often we get the message two days later.

:D

SunnyMD Jan 12th 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Tooterelli (Post 7154518)
so can anyone help please?

We didn't realise that we have voicemail on our home phone as it wasn't mentioned by Telstra (!) however electrician came to do something and told me we have a message. He couldn't remember how to pick it up.

Would appreciate if someone could post the codes to check, delete etc voicemails as I can't find anything on internet (and really don't want to put myself through going into another Telstra shop) (anyone else there got the urge to shout out profanities when they pass by the Telstra shops ??!)

Thank you

Don't know if you've solved this yet, but you may also find that there is a preset pin number to retrieve your messages - ours had been set to the last 4 (I think ? :o) numbers of our home telephone number - of course, Telstra neglected to tell us this, so we had to waste hours trying to get through to them to find out !!! :curse:

Good luck