Canning Vale

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

tolcrothlogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Canning Vale

Hi we are getting ready to emigrate to oz, my husband has a job in Canning Vale, which I believe is inner Perth. We are desperate to live near the coast in Perth and just wondered where the nearest beach area is in relation to Canning Vale? And whether it is easy to commute? Hope this makes sense!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:59 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canning Vale

Originally Posted by tolcrothlogan
Hi we are getting ready to emigrate to oz, my husband has a job in Canning Vale, which I believe is inner Perth. We are desperate to live near the coast in Perth and just wondered where the nearest beach area is in relation to Canning Vale? And whether it is easy to commute? Hope this makes sense!!!
Canning Vale is very nice. You're never too far from the beach in Perth, wherever you live, so don't worry about being in a car for hours on end stuck in traffic like you would be on the way to Devon or Cornwall.

Suburb Descriptions

This is a pretty good link.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Canning Vale

"Inner Perth"?

Canning Vale is an entire suburb, mate; it belongs to the City of Canning, not the City of Perth.

"Inner Perth" would be somewhere like Northbridge or Highgate.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jan 22nd 2006 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Canning Vale is approximately 15 km's south of Perth, and then to the east a bit. Pretty newish suburb.
It's about 20km east of Fremantle, where the closest beach will be. Not the nicest beaches though, they'd be a bit further.
I'm not a beach person, so for me this is close enough(we're next to Canning Vale)

Commuting into the city? THere's no train station close, so either bus or car. Would take about 30-40 minutes getting into the city in rush hour I think.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:37 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

half an hour to the beach, straight down South Street.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:01 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Canning Vale is approximately 15 km's south of Perth, and then to the east a bit. Pretty newish suburb.
It's about 20km east of Fremantle, where the closest beach will be. Not the nicest beaches though, they'd be a bit further.
I'm not a beach person, so for me this is close enough(we're next to Canning Vale)

Commuting into the city? THere's no train station close, so either bus or car. Would take about 30-40 minutes getting into the city in rush hour I think.
add another half hour onto that if going the on the freeway with all the roadworks.

alternative route could be Roe Highway/ Tonkin/ Canning Highway/ Causeway, maybe 40 minutes top

Last edited by walla1; Jan 23rd 2006 at 1:01 am.