Cannabis Forest Found in Dubbo

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:48 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cannabis Forest Found in Dubbo

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Police raid $50m marijuana crop
By Martin Chulov
January 30, 2004
NOT since the days when the NSW Riverina was awash with marijuana have police found a plantation to match the haul they unveiled in isolated woodland near Dubbo yesterday.

In a throwback to when the Mafia ran a feudal carve-up of dope grown near Griffith and supplied the eastern seaboard in the late 1970s, more than 30,000 plants with an estimated value of $50 million were seized for destruction in a day-long harvest.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 4:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis Forest Found in Dubbo

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Police raid $50m marijuana crop
By Martin Chulov
January 30, 2004
NOT since the days when the NSW Riverina was awash with marijuana have police found a plantation to match the haul they unveiled in isolated woodland near Dubbo yesterday.

In a throwback to when the Mafia ran a feudal carve-up of dope grown near Griffith and supplied the eastern seaboard in the late 1970s, more than 30,000 plants with an estimated value of $50 million were seized for destruction in a day-long harvest.
Bloody police, they get all the luck
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://theaustralian.com.au/common/s...5E2702,00.html

I wonder if this is realated.

Australian Mafia syndicate cracked
By Padraic Murphy and Jeremy Roberts
January 30, 2004
A RIVERINA-BASED Italian-Australian criminal syndicate is believed to be the Australian arm of a sophisticated drug trafficking network raided by authorities on three continents this week.

Australian Federal Police on Wednesday raided 15 properties linked to the group in Adelaide, Melbourne and Mildura and seized documents and computer equipment.

The raids in Australia, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Spain, Colombia and Venezuela were part of a coordinated crackdown on a major Italian-based cocaine ring.

Italian authorities arrested 80 people and indicated that 5.5 tonnes of cocaine had been seized worldwide as part of the investigation.

The Australian syndicate has been linked to drug smuggling, stand-over rackets and several brutal murders over the past 30 years and was particularly active in the 1980s, according to police sources.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:57 am
WBB

i could of got through that lot on a weekend.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:20 am
joem

I got the munchies, just watching it on the news

joem

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I knew of an airforce guy (brother of a wife of a friend) in NZ whose job was to land his helicopter in marijuana patches and flatten them with the rotor wash. The helicopters were inspected back at base though!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:06 pm
WBB

Originally posted by CHnJ
I knew of an airforce guy (brother of a wife of a friend) in NZ whose job was to land his helicopter in marijuana patches and flatten them with the rotor wash. The helicopters were inspected back at base though!
it would of been quite tempting to drop a bag off on the way back to base somewhere.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

and here's details of what was going on round the corner from me today

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/in...m?id=118032004
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:27 pm
WBB

Originally posted by CHnJ
and here's details of what was going on round the corner from me today

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/in...m?id=118032004
quote from your link

"Basically it is a plain fact that 800,000 people use cannabis in Scotland and we feel that we are being socially excluded from taking part in an activity we believe is socially acceptable,"

cant argue with that.