Reload this Page >

Canberra accomodation

Canberra accomodation

Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canberra accomodation

Hi guys,

I'm planning to travel to Canberra for a few days and stay in some backpackers hostels such as YHA, canberra accomodation and etc.

Any recommendation on which backpackers hostel to choose? How far is O conners to ANU?

Besides that, is it better to stay in Manuku or Kingston (near to the train station).

LS
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:40 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canberra accomodation

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi guys,

I'm planning to travel to Canberra for a few days and stay in some backpackers hostels such as YHA, canberra accomodation and etc.

Any recommendation on which backpackers hostel to choose? How far is O conners to ANU?

Besides that, is it better to stay in Manuku or Kingston (near to the train station).

LS

Only thing I remember about Canberra accommodation is that it's really hard to find somewhere with fox sport. I called round loads of places trying to find somewhere, eventually got a motel type place, best western I think, who promised me I'd be able to watch the football on fox sport at 4am. only to get there and check into the room to find out they had jsut about every satellite channel except for fox sport went doen to the tradies club and they were shutting early due to some brawl that had occurred earlier in the evening there so that option was out got back to hotel and speant next few hours unsuccessfully trying to find said football match on the radio
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi guys,

LS
O'conner is easy walking distance to ANU. Bus transport is good.
Kingston railway station used to only have 2 trains a day from memory. A pleasant walk around the lake to the ANU. Watch out for the lunch time joggers!

Use www.whereis.com.au for distances.

WW
Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi wanderingwombat

thanks for the reply. By the way, have you heard of victor lodge..located somewhere near to Kingston and railway station?

I'm still considering whether to stay in YHA, City walk hotel or somewhere near manuka or kingston. Any suggestion or comments?

LS

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
O'conner is easy walking distance to ANU. Bus transport is good.
Kingston railway station used to only have 2 trains a day from memory. A pleasant walk around the lake to the ANU. Watch out for the lunch time joggers!

Use www.whereis.com.au for distances.

WW