Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canadian Immigration or Australian Immigration

Canadian Immigration or Australian Immigration

Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Immigration or Australian Immigration

Originally Posted by paularn
I don't know if that saddens me or makes me ill.

I don't need to read the Canadian forum...I've lived in Canada my entire life, I see what's happening and they may be more stringent on some things, but obviously not enough. They are letting in way too many immigrants and need to shut the door! One in leads to the entire family to follow later. And when my child becomes a minority in her school in her own country....there is an issue that needs to be addressed!
No different to some parts of Australia really. I've had to read a lot of Queensland school annual reports lately - the number that state things like the majority of children don't speak English at home is a real eye-opener.

I do know from years on this forum that an awful lot of Brits who would love to move to Canada cannot get in because overall theiur system is tighter than the Aussie one - something most Aussie don;t realise because they have lived here all their lives therefore don't know the ins and outs of immigration law here. Many people with criminal convictions struggle to move to Canada but are welcomed here with no problems, the same with many people with health issues - thinking especially of autistic children (we have had several long drawn out cases on the Canadian forum which have failed in the end).

As for one in, all in - have a browse of the number of threads in our Immigration forum where people - mainly from the Indian subcontinent - want to bring their entire extended family as dependents.

i won't comment on the irony of any migrant to Aus saying "they are letting in too many immigrants..."
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be shocked if Canada doesn't approve your application...they let everyone in! One of the reasons this Canadian moved to Australia!

Canadian Government needs to take some lessons from the Australian Government on how to tighten the immigration and learn to shut the damn door!!

Canada is returning applications and fees of people who have been waiting for years to get in such is the backlog and absolute mass of applications.

Time and time again they review the rules, very hard country to get into.

If they let everyone in, thats news to those on the BE canada forum
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Canada is returning applications and fees of people who have been waiting for years to get in such is the backlog and absolute mass of applications.

Time and time again they review the rules, very hard country to get into.

If they let everyone in, thats news to those on the BE canada forum
I did one of those online thingies to see if we qualified for Canadian immigration. We didn't. Mind you, we didn't qualify for UK either and that's why we tried Australia.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:25 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need to read the Canadian forum...I've lived in Canada my entire life, I see what's happening and they may be more stringent on some things, but obviously not enough. They are letting in way too many immigrants and need to shut the door! One in leads to the entire family to follow later. And when my child becomes a minority in her school in her own country....there is an issue that needs to be addressed!
What do you mean by minority though? Is this a race thing for you? Also, are making a distinction between immigrants or refugees? You refer here to immigrants being a problem, yet you are one.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:26 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
So it's now a competition to see which country takes the most refugees, with the winner being the one that takes the most.

Wow.

Well done Canada - what a great prize to win.
I'm not a "let anyone in" bloke, but Australia is massive, with only 22 million people, and we're talking peanuts in terms of how many it currently takes. Personally, I just don't see the numbers we're talking about there as a threat to the Australian way of life at all. I favour an offshore solution and happen to think Howard got it more right than wrong.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be shocked if Canada doesn't approve your application...they let everyone in!

Canadian Government needs to take some lessons from the Australian Government on how to tighten the immigration and learn to shut the damn door!!
Do you really believe this? Have you read the immigration section of this site? Hundreds of British would-be Expats who want to get into Canada would not agree with you.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

So now refugees are the same as legal immigrants?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I'm not a "let anyone in" bloke, but Australia is massive, with only 22 million people, and we're talking peanuts in terms of how many it currently takes. Personally, I just don't see the numbers we're talking about there as a threat to the Australian way of life at all. I favour an offshore solution and happen to think Howard got it more right than wrong.
TA proposed that we increase the number we take to 22000 through the UNHCR - but no boat people. It was dismissed out of hand by the government, but I think it's a great idea.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
TA proposed that we increase the number we take to 22000 through the UNHCR - but no boat people. It was dismissed out of hand by the government, but I think it's a great idea.
I didn't know that - interesting.