Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canada to Australia Removals Companies

Canada to Australia Removals Companies

Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Reggie Mental is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada to Australia Removals Companies

Does anyone have any experience or general advice on the best shipping company to use from Canada to Australia?

Looking at a number of different companies at the moment (with varying quotes), but would appreciate some first-hand knowledge.

Cheers
Old Oct 11th 2011, 3:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada to Australia Removals Companies

Originally Posted by Reggie Mental
Does anyone have any experience or general advice on the best shipping company to use from Canada to Australia?

Looking at a number of different companies at the moment (with varying quotes), but would appreciate some first-hand knowledge.

Cheers
We used Allied Pickfords for our move from Hamilton to Vancouver, Vancouver to Burlington, Burlington to Adelaide then Adelaide to Perth. No problems with any of the moves themselves, but the packers for the first move pocketed a bunch of my crystal and the packers for our move from Burlington to Adelaide packed the clearly marked DO NOT PACK bag which had my son's medications in it.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tip. We tried to get in touch with them but became frustrated with their ludicrous call-back system, so never really had chance to discuss our move with them. We'll give them another try and see what they can offer.

For our move from the UK to Canada (twice!) we used Williams and Bournes/UTS, who were both very impressive (albeit quite expensive).

Cheers
Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip. We tried to get in touch with them but became frustrated with their ludicrous call-back system, so never really had chance to discuss our move with them. We'll give them another try and see what they can offer.

For our move from the UK to Canada (twice!) we used Williams and Bournes/UTS, who were both very impressive (albeit quite expensive).

Cheers
Where in Canada are you?
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario - North of Toronto.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 4:48 am
Still alive

Ontario - North of Toronto.
Tippet Richardson also do international moves. They have a Toronto office (that's who came to do our quote anyway).
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tip Dorothy (or should that be thanks for the Tippet!).

Anyway, as I try to chat through the humiliation of that pathetic attempt at humour I'll mention them to Allied (who I have asked to provide a quote and whom I see TR are a part of).

Cheers!
Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:14 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

We used Williams when we moved from Calgary to Melb. No complaints.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

I used Global International Canada (Markham) to go from Milton Ontario to Townsville QLD
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

sidney87 is a jewel in the roughsidney87 is a jewel in the roughsidney87 is a jewel in the roughsidney87 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paularn
I used Global International Canada (Markham) to go from Milton Ontario to Townsville QLD
were you happy with them, all went well? any damage to your stuff?

did you take any electronics, like stereo or tv?
my tv is a new plasma that works anywhere, but i'm afraid of any damage..so i'd rather sell it here and buy a new one there..
Old Oct 14th 2011, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

We were happy with them. No real problems. There was a few things damaged, ie broken glass lamp shade, George Foreman grill got broken...but nothing major was damaged. Saying that ... we haven't totally unpacked either because we're renting and I'm not unpacking to pack it all back up when we get into our own house. So as far as I know those are the only things that got damaged.

We did bring our stereo and I brought my hand mixer (because I really like it!!), we also brought our Wii (only we can't buy the games here for it, they have to come from home)...we use a transformer to run them here, which we bought off ebay. Oh and I brought our xmas tree...has the lights already on it...run with a transformer too.

If you don't know what to do about your TV...have a look at JB Hifi website and try and compare what you have to what it'll be to replace it here.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:48 am
Just Joined

sidney87 is a jewel in the roughsidney87 is a jewel in the roughsidney87 is a jewel in the roughsidney87 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the info, good stuff..love the xmas tree story..haha!
do the JB prices include tax
Old Oct 15th 2011, 2:20 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by sidney87
thanks for the info, good stuff..love the xmas tree story..haha!
do the JB prices include tax
Yes. All prices here are inclusive of tax. Once you get here you will actually get used to it. When I go to Canada I always forget to add the GST/PST to prices and get pissed off when the cashiers ask for more than on the price tag.

To buy big stuff like furniture and electricals (fridge, washer, etc) if you bring cash you can ask for a discount. We saved a bundle when we bought all our stuff.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

no way! how much of a discount can you get..10%, 20%, more%..? like, what's the negotiating bracket generally