Reload this Page >

can where you come from in the uk make a difference

can where you come from in the uk make a difference

Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can where you come from in the uk make a difference

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
I have moved around a bit in the UK and I loved meeting new people, had an absolute ball. I made some extremely good friends in the various places I lived in. My son's Godparents are people who I met on my travels, and he has five because I had great difficulty choosing just two!

But here, it couldn't be more opposite - I had made friends in my usual way, but those people are certainly not my friends now, they never really were, just users and abusers. So that has made me very cautious, and I don't make any effort now to be friendly as I have been very badly let down here. I just stick to my Husband's relatives now and don't bother with "outsiders". And you know what, I am sure many here do the same, I could be wrong about that, but it does seem that way to me.

My second son who was born here in Australia, doesn't have any Godparents, as I cannot think of one single person here who I would ask. I have thought and thought about it, but no, I can't come up with a single soul.
You've more or less described my life in the UK, i've spent most of my life though living in the same village who after way too many years i've discovered are nothing but a bunch of jumped up ar*eh*les and trust me i've (we've) always tried to get along well with everyone.
Where I live I didn't get on well at school cause I was quiet and shy, most of the ppl who were popular at school are still in the same village too and they tend to rule the schools and village, at one point I got on with some of them, only to find start of a new school year they decided not to speak to me anymore (for no apparent reason).
I'm the person who has maybe one or two people at the school who speak to them.

Don't worry i'm not a mutant I have plenty of 'friends' spread across the rest of the country and internationally (a very good friend in Australia which oddly enough was almost an instant close friendship), but having been let down so many times i'd say there are only 3 maybe 4 people who I would class as close friends, i've become very picky who i do and don't let in.
Thats not to say i'm rude to anyone and I make an effort to say hello etc but I won't let my guard down for a second now til I think I can trust someone.

It got no better where i've worked although I still stay in contact with some ppl I have worked with over the years. We have 3 kids, we haven't heard anything from the older two's godparents for years not through effort on our part which is a shame and obviously bad choosing on our part. Our youngest son whose 15 months has two sets of godparents one set have obviously lost interest as they never return calls or anything, the other set is very good and we see them every few weeks and have known them about 7 years now - they also happen to spend alot of time in Australia.

So due to the miserable sods in the village we don't do much here, we try and meet up with our friends as much as possible but other than my family and our close friends and the familiarity of knowing where I am etc there's nothing much to miss (though those listed will be hard enough to leave)

Oh my god thats pathetic and miserable when you read it back lol

Jen
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
You've more or less described my life in the UK, i've spent most of my life though living in the same village who after way too many years i've discovered are nothing but a bunch of jumped up ar*eh*les and trust me i've (we've) always tried to get along well with everyone.
Where I live I didn't get on well at school cause I was quiet and shy, most of the ppl who were popular at school are still in the same village too and they tend to rule the schools and village, at one point I got on with some of them, only to find start of a new school year they decided not to speak to me anymore (for no apparent reason).
I'm the person who has maybe one or two people at the school who speak to them.

Don't worry i'm not a mutant I have plenty of 'friends' spread across the rest of the country and internationally (a very good friend in Australia which oddly enough was almost an instant close friendship), but having been let down so many times i'd say there are only 3 maybe 4 people who I would class as close friends, i've become very picky who i do and don't let in.
Thats not to say i'm rude to anyone and I make an effort to say hello etc but I won't let my guard down for a second now til I think I can trust someone.

It got no better where i've worked although I still stay in contact with some ppl I have worked with over the years. We have 3 kids, we haven't heard anything from the older two's godparents for years not through effort on our part which is a shame and obviously bad choosing on our part. Our youngest son whose 15 months has two sets of godparents one set have obviously lost interest as they never return calls or anything, the other set is very good and we see them every few weeks and have known them about 7 years now - they also happen to spend alot of time in Australia.

So due to the miserable sods in the village we don't do much here, we try and meet up with our friends as much as possible but other than my family and our close friends and the familiarity of knowing where I am etc there's nothing much to miss (though those listed will be hard enough to leave)

Oh my god thats pathetic and miserable when you read it back lol

Jen
Hello Jen

I posted mine, read it back and then thought what the heck did I post that for that sounds awful!

Probably not a useful suggestion to you, but have you tried to move out of the village to a bigger town?
Do not, and I'm not suggesting this is what you are doing, move to Australia to spite someone. You will regret this. Do not move to Australia for anybody but yourself and your family, and because it is truly what you want

The people in the village might be stirred up for a while with a bit of gossip after you have gone, you will be the talk of the place. They will move on from this very soon and find the next talking point. They really couldn't care less. But your family do care and the friends that you have outside of the village. You will have to face the fact that you may in all probability never see these people again.
I haven't seen my parents since I left the UK, that was more than 5 years ago, nor any of my large family. Friends from Ireland and England have been to visit, for most however, it is a trip of a lifetime, and one they will only do the once.

So I urge you to consider very carefully what you will be getting yourself into by moving to Australia. I didn't give any of this a thought, but I am much wiser now, and having "been there, done that" I am handing out this advice with confidence!

People often don't make desicions very well when they are under stress. Take step back disregard the stressful component, and think logically. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Hi Rosie Cheeks

I think of a rule of thumb about family/friends/acquiantances and how my social situation is- and that is if I am in serious personal trouble this afternoon, it doesn't matter what, is there anyone I can ring up and chat with immediately and provide the support I need.
This is extremely good advice.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I have no idea what this must be like - quite amusing probably. We really do not have theat sort of English integration here where we are. We really know of no Brits that we see regularly other than one family.
Same here Badge. Hardly any Brits. Met Irish guy while doing theory test. Doc was Scottish but about 210 years of age. OH's friendly with local woman and although everyones very pleasant no close friends as yet. Dont do the pub scene at all. When we settle in own place, I see it improving dramatically. In answer to op, more to do with individual than where you're from.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Hello Jen

I posted mine, read it back and then thought what the heck did I post that for that sounds awful!

Probably not a useful suggestion to you, but have you tried to move out of the village to a bigger town?
Do not, and I'm not suggesting this is what you are doing, move to Australia to spite someone. You will regret this. Do not move to Australia for anybody but yourself and your family, and because it is truly what you want

The people in the village might be stirred up for a while with a bit of gossip after you have gone, you will be the talk of the place. They will move on from this very soon and find the next talking point. They really couldn't care less. But your family do care and the friends that you have outside of the village. You will have to face the fact that you may in all probability never see these people again.
I haven't seen my parents since I left the UK, that was more than 5 years ago, nor any of my large family. Friends from Ireland and England have been to visit, for most however, it is a trip of a lifetime, and one they will only do the once.

So I urge you to consider very carefully what you will be getting yourself into by moving to Australia. I didn't give any of this a thought, but I am much wiser now, and having "been there, done that" I am handing out this advice with confidence!

People often don't make desicions very well when they are under stress. Take step back disregard the stressful component, and think logically. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Lol thanks hun but it was never my idea to move abroad I'd come to accept that the vast majority of the ppl in the village were miserable sods and up their own backsides.
Hubby decided to apply for a position which if you knew my husband you'd know every now and then he has goen through a phase of needing to do this so I just let him get on with it, raised a few questions as to why abroad etc cause I wasn't interested in going? But he said he's just seeing whats what?
Then they said they'd open a ajob up for him, well my god we've been round in cirlces cause I was so against going and although it scares teh crap outta me and i want to stay cose to my dad and my friends all the people who I would miss will come and see us. Which although doesn't make it right it improves it for me.
HUbby got made redundant not long back and has struggled to find a job that will enable us to pay the mortgage when we come off the mortgage holiday, he's workign but the only job he's found that pays ok is 50 miles away from where we live and it's workign permanent weekends on nights, cause the drive is long and tiring he sleeps at my grandmothers which is alot closer, we don't see him all weekend normally which is tough on me and the kids and i get stressed can you tell (it's 00:40 and i'm still up).
We've looked at movign all round the country but there just isn't anything available that will pay what he used to get.
Over in Australia he'd be working night shift but it'd be 8 instead of 12 hours a night and it'd be Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, night so we should have most weekends and afternoons/eves together in the week and we'd be able to afford teh nice house and cars etc that we now can't afford here.

Do you know what I seriously doubt anyone would even raise an eyebrow when we leave so i'm really not doing it out of spite, that would be a waste of energy cause no-one cares anyway lol
Like I said my dad and my really good friends will all visit dad will prob spend 3 months or more with us a year, my friend has promised to visit when they can. My mum may do the trip but we're not especially close so that won't be too bad. Other friends are trying to book trips in now lol

Hubby said if I really hate it we'll come home but i need to give it three years.
I do have one very good friend out there, and friends of my dads side of teh family living not too far away so hopefully.
You never know I might actually manange to make friends at my kids school then they could have ppl over to play which is a ararity right now.

Can't say it's truelly what I PERSONALLY WANT but hey I liked Australia when we had a look round, have several distant rellies out there etc I hate change but i'll just have to give it a go, as it seems that'll make the rest of teh family happy i got outvoted 3 to 1 (baby doesn't count)

Jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Lol thanks hun but it was never my idea to move abroad I'd come to accept that the vast majority of the ppl in the village were miserable sods and up their own backsides.
Hubby decided to apply for a position which if you knew my husband you'd know every now and then he has goen through a phase of needing to do this so I just let him get on with it, raised a few questions as to why abroad etc cause I wasn't interested in going? But he said he's just seeing whats what?
Then they said they'd open a ajob up for him, well my god we've been round in cirlces cause I was so against going and although it scares teh crap outta me and i want to stay cose to my dad and my friends all the people who I would miss will come and see us. Which although doesn't make it right it improves it for me.
HUbby got made redundant not long back and has struggled to find a job that will enable us to pay the mortgage when we come off the mortgage holiday, he's workign but the only job he's found that pays ok is 50 miles away from where we live and it's workign permanent weekends on nights, cause the drive is long and tiring he sleeps at my grandmothers which is alot closer, we don't see him all weekend normally which is tough on me and the kids and i get stressed can you tell (it's 00:40 and i'm still up).
We've looked at movign all round the country but there just isn't anything available that will pay what he used to get.
Over in Australia he'd be working night shift but it'd be 8 instead of 12 hours a night and it'd be Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, night so we should have most weekends and afternoons/eves together in the week and we'd be able to afford teh nice house and cars etc that we now can't afford here.

Do you know what I seriously doubt anyone would even raise an eyebrow when we leave so i'm really not doing it out of spite, that would be a waste of energy cause no-one cares anyway lol
Like I said my dad and my really good friends will all visit dad will prob spend 3 months or more with us a year, my friend has promised to visit when they can. My mum may do the trip but we're not especially close so that won't be too bad. Other friends are trying to book trips in now lol

Hubby said if I really hate it we'll come home but i need to give it three years.
I do have one very good friend out there, and friends of my dads side of teh family living not too far away so hopefully.
You never know I might actually manange to make friends at my kids school then they could have ppl over to play which is a ararity right now.

Can't say it's truelly what I PERSONALLY WANT but hey I liked Australia when we had a look round, have several distant rellies out there etc I hate change but i'll just have to give it a go, as it seems that'll make the rest of teh family happy i got outvoted 3 to 1 (baby doesn't count)

Jen
Jen, you sound extremely hesitant about the whole thing. As if its better than what you've got but not really what you really want. Ppl will tell you they will come over and they're not lying when they say it but other things get in the way during the course of living day to day. It isn't a picnic by any means but you at least have family not too far away. Your kids will probably settle in well at school but its a truly individual experience in how you cope. Advice is welcome but its only you who can make it work. Not even your husband can solve that little problem. I personally like it here (Qld) and kids settled well. OH has struggled but reading posts on BE this isn't abnormal. No best buddies yet but have ppl to talk to but no different to Scotland. Stopped going to pub and circle of friends almost disappeared overnight. Got close family and talk on skype and txt a lot. Your hubby says give it 3 years and this is sound advice (normally 2). Its a big step and some ppl breeze it. I would seriously think about what you're getting into and sod your village. They don't even come into it. Do what you want and stand by your decision and I hope it all comes good for you.

Karma sent. Good luck
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jen
Blimey, you sound like me, moving here wasn't what I wanted to do, but on the other hand I wasn't against it either. I was of the mind to go with the flow, and I dived in head first. Hubby got a job, and we were off, with our tiny new baby in tow. Mind you he is Australian, so for him coming home was a completely natural thing to do. And because he is an Aussie I felt as though I was in safe hands, and I trusted his judgement entirely.

Where are you heading to in Aus?
How old is your baby? I have a new one at 8mths, hard work, but crumbs is he a cutie.

Whichever direction you take in your life Jen, I sincerely hope all goes well for you. Onwards and Upwards!

This is for the people in the village!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
why people with a great social network and people who see at least one member of their family every day would choose to emigrate, its beyond me.
Agree completely with this, and then they whinge about missing their circle of friends and their family terribly, non-stop...

Emigration is definitely much easier for billy no mates like JTL and myself.

Mrs JTL
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by framac
Jen, you sound extremely hesitant about the whole thing. As if its better than what you've got but not really what you really want. Ppl will tell you they will come over and they're not lying when they say it but other things get in the way during the course of living day to day. It isn't a picnic by any means but you at least have family not too far away. Your kids will probably settle in well at school but its a truly individual experience in how you cope. Advice is welcome but its only you who can make it work. Not even your husband can solve that little problem. I personally like it here (Qld) and kids settled well. OH has struggled but reading posts on BE this isn't abnormal. No best buddies yet but have ppl to talk to but no different to Scotland. Stopped going to pub and circle of friends almost disappeared overnight. Got close family and talk on skype and txt a lot. Your hubby says give it 3 years and this is sound advice (normally 2). Its a big step and some ppl breeze it. I would seriously think about what you're getting into and sod your village. They don't even come into it. Do what you want and stand by your decision and I hope it all comes good for you.

Karma sent. Good luck

Hiya

I'm the homey type as in don't liek to wander too far from family and find change the most stressful thing in the world.
However i'm also well aware so as not to repeat mistakes you do need to make some changes.
My mum has always been unhappy with the general standoffishness that engulfs most people in our area and I sometimes wonder if she's past this genetically onto me??? lol
You know what if hubby still had his old job earning a nice lot of money I would have prob stood my ground and refused to budge, but he's been looking ever since for a better job in this country and even applying to companies who aren't advertising and nothing is coming up and the chances of something coming up where we live is slim to none so we would need to move away from my comfort zone of family just down the road (walking distance).
I'm hesitant about everything and nearly everybody I meet, which isn't meant to sound horrible but i've been used and pooped on so many times.
I've said i'm willing to try it and I am but i'm making no promises I will enjoy living there.
I am grateful for the fact we have made very good friends In Australia (only started chattign via internet a month prior to flyin out there and havign a look round) we saw them nearly everday we were there and they included us and made us feel part of the family, so I feel very lucky that I have that, and hopefully they won't be the last but if they are at least we have one really good set of friends who are absolutely desperate for us to get out there and are tripping over themselves to do whatever it takes to make it easier for us, they're a little disappointed I think that we won't move to the same town as them but they understand and we know they'll visit. We chat to themat least once a week.
So I think I have more than alot of ppl do before I even get out there.

Thanks for your concern and thoughts
Jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Blimey, you sound like me, moving here wasn't what I wanted to do, but on the other hand I wasn't against it either. I was of the mind to go with the flow, and I dived in head first. Hubby got a job, and we were off, with our tiny new baby in tow. Mind you he is Australian, so for him coming home was a completely natural thing to do. And because he is an Aussie I felt as though I was in safe hands, and I trusted his judgement entirely.

Where are you heading to in Aus?
How old is your baby? I have a new one at 8mths, hard work, but crumbs is he a cutie.

Whichever direction you take in your life Jen, I sincerely hope all goes well for you. Onwards and Upwards!

This is for the people in the village!
We are heading for Melbourne and I liked what I saw on our two week trip early this year, so hard ot believe it was about 10 months ago.
You know I just wish the baby was that a baby as it might be easier getting him over there, my baby is a 15 month old duracell bunny with boundless energy (and ppl wonder why i'm tired all the time) sittign still for long isn't really in his repetoure, he's gorgeous and fun and clever and has a great sense of humour but my god you try and tie that kids down and you have a big problem on your hands.

I suppose the other part of it is hubby here seems to want to check everything with his parents before we do anything, seems the apron strings are in iron and haven't had much severing them yet, which is puzzling as to why he wants to leave them behind, he says it won't be a problem, they've promised to visit (over my dead body are they staying with us)
Or maybe e's waiting til I get on the plane to tellme they are coming with us that way I have 24 hours or so before I can top myself

I'm quite prepared to get stuck in and try and get on with it although yes it's NOT my choice, I like Aussie's we have family out in Canberra and Western Australia somewhere and my hubby's aunt lives in Tassy so although we won't have any close family when we move out hopefully things will be right.
(especially if I convince my dad to move out there)

Jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

We are heading for Melbourne and I liked what I saw on our two week trip early this year, so hard ot believe it was about 10 months ago.
You know I just wish the baby was that a baby as it might be easier getting him over there, my baby is a 15 month old duracell bunny with boundless energy (and ppl wonder why i'm tired all the time) sittign still for long isn't really in his repetoure, he's gorgeous and fun and clever and has a great sense of humour but my god you try and tie that kids down and you have a big problem on your hands.

I suppose the other part of it is hubby here seems to want to check everything with his parents before we do anything, seems the apron strings are in iron and haven't had much severing them yet, which is puzzling as to why he wants to leave them behind, he says it won't be a problem, they've promised to visit (over my dead body are they staying with us)
Or maybe e's waiting til I get on the plane to tellme they are coming with us that way I have 24 hours or so before I can top myself

I'm quite prepared to get stuck in and try and get on with it although yes it's NOT my choice, I like Aussie's we have family out in Canberra and Western Australia somewhere and my hubby's aunt lives in Tassy so although we won't have any close family when we move out hopefully things will be right.
(especially if I convince my dad to move out there)

Jen
The villagey life is one I personally dislike a lot. Very cliquey when you move in and can take years to know people and then you can find the gossip is intrusive. I have that T shirt from a large village I lived in and everyone knew my business, which was so bad I left there to get away from it. Also if you are there all day with little ones it can be pretty awful when maybe you don't have neighbours locally in the same boat. The smaller the place the less likely you are to meet people of your ilk.

I was brought up in the suburbs of a big city and of course through school I got know know or know of hundreds of people in my patch. But moving in somewhere new can be difficult. Being shy on top can make it 100 times worse and living even in a small "close" can be villagey. That's why I like towns- mine has about 90,000 people with a town centre which I can walk to in 5 minutes. Its nice to lose yourself sometimes and not be watched behind twitching curtains.

There is a tendency to moan about built up areas and traffic in this country- one reason people move away- but there are massive social advantages not to have to get the car to go anywhere or to see different scenery. I suddenly feel rather lucky.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
The villagey life is one I personally dislike a lot. Very cliquey when you move in and can take years to know people and then you can find the gossip is intrusive. I have that T shirt from a large village I lived in and everyone knew my business, which was so bad I left there to get away from it. Also if you are there all day with little ones it can be pretty awful when maybe you don't have neighbours locally in the same boat. The smaller the place the less likely you are to meet people of your ilk.

I was brought up in the suburbs of a big city and of course through school I got know know or know of hundreds of people in my patch. But moving in somewhere new can be difficult. Being shy on top can make it 100 times worse and living even in a small "close" can be villagey. That's why I like towns- mine has about 90,000 people with a town centre which I can walk to in 5 minutes. Its nice to lose yourself sometimes and not be watched behind twitching curtains.

There is a tendency to moan about built up areas and traffic in this country- one reason people move away- but there are massive social advantages not to have to get the car to go anywhere or to see different scenery. I suddenly feel rather lucky.
Maybe thats whats wrong I make a point of NOT telling anyone and everyone my business and have always made a point not to discuss all with my friends unless I feel I can trust them 100%

I'll chat to ppl but it doesn't matter how much ppl dig for info or gossip no one will get any until their trusted

I have a t shirt too and a book and lollll

I am shy but I try hard to work at it and will do my best over there after I don't want to feel miserable and I don't want the kids to be upset because of me.

Jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Agree completely with this, and then they whinge about missing their circle of friends and their family terribly, non-stop...

Emigration is definitely much easier for billy no mates like JTL and myself.

Mrs JTL

And i totally agree aswell, i find it amazing when people consider emigrating when they are so close to family!........Me, no close family ties, no great circle of friends, same for my O.H.... So we will happily join the Billy no mates club, makes things easier!

Simon
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:39 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carryon
And i totally agree aswell, i find it amazing when people consider emigrating when they are so close to family!........Me, no close family ties, no great circle of friends, same for my O.H.... So we will happily join the Billy no mates club, makes things easier!

Simon

well for anyone heading for perth ,i am willing to start a billy no mates club.

we could make up mad rules and punish people who gossip,etc.

any one suggest some rules

and good punishments for those that brake them ..
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carryon

Simon

If i had lots of family around and lots of close friends , no way on this earth would i move I can't understand that one either
We've had two kids here and brought them up alone and i mean entirely alone, I know its gonna be tough emigrating with them, but its been tough here living with them :scared: (only joking). What i mean is its been tough doing it alone i.e bringing them up, juggling work when thier sick, etc, the worst part is when they come home with school forms , stating alternative next of kin for emergencies, and i have to write 'none', phone me at work in big capital letters. , OH and i haven't been out together for around 15 years, and i know some people will never believe that, but once you've paid for child care during the day, there's not many pennies left to pay for it at night I would say this is one of the reasons we're in the 'Billy no mates club', coz people got fed-up asking us to their home or out and we had to refuse coz not baby sitter or no money

Last edited by Margaret3; Dec 10th 2006 at 3:44 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.