can we do this

Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

tmmykatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can we do this

I Have been a constant member who just watches, i wish to come to australia and apply to migrate from out there is this possible we are just waiting for the tra results to come back. We have sold our property and complete in 3 weeks so hence we have no where to live, to rent here is so dear so an option for us would be to rent in oz while waiting for our visas. I know we could not work but after waying out the pros and cons it would still be cheaper to rent there and not work than to work here and rent here as we need to be near to london and thats where all our work is. Is to possible to apply when we get there straight away.

Thanks for all your help
kate

Last edited by tmmykatie; Feb 5th 2004 at 9:27 am.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: can we do this

Originally posted by tmmykatie
I Have been a constant member who just watches, i wish to come to australia and apply to migrate from out there is this possible we are just waiting for the tra results to come back. We have sold our property and complete in 3 weeks so hence we have no where to live, to rent here is so dear so an option for us would be to rent in oz while waiting for our visas. I know we could not work but after waying out the pros and cons it would still be cheaper to rent there and not work than to work here and rent here as we need to be near to london and thats where all our work is. Is to possible to apply when we get there straight away.

Thanks for all your help
kate
Hi Kate,
I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to be out of Oz when the visa's are granted, do a search you will bring up loads of info I'm sure!
Good Luck
Marie
Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply, I understand we have to be out of oz when visa are granted, but we could go to nz to have them validated just want to know if it is possible to apply from out there and leave the country to have them validated.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Cant help you with many answers but do know that you are looking at about 50 weeks wait on a skilled visa.
Will you be able to support yourself for that long?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

yes we have worked it all out and we would use some of the money from our house sale or if it is going on for long my hubby could come back and work and ill stay over there.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:10 am
owieb

Default Re: can we do this

Originally posted by tmmykatie

Thanks for all your help
kate
It doesn't matter where you are when the application is lodged, as far as I am aware the only condition is that you have to be out of the country to have it granted. You can do your medicals etc in Australia without a problem. It might be worth clarifying this with an agent. Though I've just gone through this exact process.

Providing that you can get a visa that allows you to stay in Australia you should be okay, you will probably have to get a 3 month holiday visa and keep renewing it, but I'm not sure how many times you can do this without having to leave the country.

As you realise you have to be out of the country when/if the visa is granted and you have to allow at least 5 business days for this to happen, so make sure you budget for it.

Visas can take 12 months so you need to make sure you have enough money to last you for that length of time. The cost of living is not cheap.

And remember if you don't get an extension on your holiday visa you will have to leave the country each time, potentially 4 times which will cost you as well.

And don't forget the boredom! Not having any work means you're going to have to keep yourselves occupied.

Just wanted to add that I was on a temp visa so I had the right to work here as well. Not sure if this makes any difference to the process or not. Again an agent will be able to confirm it all for you.

Last edited by owieb; Feb 5th 2004 at 10:26 am.