Reload this Page >

Can relocation costs be claimed on LAHFA

Can relocation costs be claimed on LAHFA

Old May 13th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

monkeyboy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can relocation costs be claimed on LAHFA

Hi,

My employer has told me that relocation costs such as flights etc can't be claimed on LAHFA?

Does anyone know whether this is true? There seems to be very little describing what can actually be claimed on the ATO website apart from the food & accomodation bit.

Cheers.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can relocation costs be claimed on LAHFA

Originally Posted by monkeyboy1979
Hi,

My employer has told me that relocation costs such as flights etc can't be claimed on LAHFA?

Does anyone know whether this is true? There seems to be very little describing what can actually be claimed on the ATO website apart from the food & accomodation bit.

Cheers.
See a Tax advisor when you get there. If you are buying the tickets yourself and funding the relocation costs yourself, then you may be able to claim some of this back in your tax return.

You need to discuss your situation with them as Tax may be treated differently if this is an inter company transfer v's you getting a new job in Sydney and them paying the LAFHA.

BTW, be very careful of the LAFHA. The Tax man was hot on the heals of people getting it a few years ago.