Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can immigration be rejected on spouce's scolosis? Please help soon!!

can immigration be rejected on spouce's scolosis? Please help soon!!

Old Apr 16th 2003, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can immigration be rejected on spouce's scolosis? Please help soon!!

case: my friend applied for australia in March 2002. Got marrried in June 2002 and added his wife's name. Got his medical papers. Now his wife too got the medical papers. His wife suffers from scolosis.
Q1 Is scolosis permanent disability? She has no pain and she is fit and fine. Will His immigration be rejected on this basis?

Q2 His wife does not plan to join him after a 2 years of his settlement in australia. So, her medical will be invalid(as its valid only for a year). So, is there any chance that she does not do her medical and then too his immigration process continues.

Q3 Can he remove her name from the application now and later on (after his immigration) add her name?

Please advice as very days are left for his wife's medical timelimit

goodgal
Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can only answer one question., but its a start!
Yes, scoliosis is permanent, and I believe it can get worse with age.
Hope someone else can answer the rest for you.
Old Apr 17th 2003, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: can immigration be rejected on spouce's scolosis? Please help soon!!

Originally posted by goodgal
case: my friend applied for australia in March 2002. Got marrried in June 2002 and added his wife's name. Got his medical papers. Now his wife too got the medical papers. His wife suffers from scolosis.
Q1 Is scolosis permanent disability? She has no pain and she is fit and fine. Will His immigration be rejected on this basis?

Q2 His wife does not plan to join him after a 2 years of his settlement in australia. So, her medical will be invalid(as its valid only for a year). So, is there any chance that she does not do her medical and then too his immigration process continues.

Q3 Can he remove her name from the application now and later on (after his immigration) add her name?

Please advice as very days are left for his wife's medical timelimit

goodgal
Hi goodgal,

I assume you mean 'scoliosis'.

A little background reading...
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/brochure/t...category=Spine

In depth review
http://www.srs.org/htm/library/review/review00.htm

Although it does seem to be a lifetime condition that can be improved by several techniques include physiotherapy and cosmetic braces, I would doubt that the application would be knocked-back because of this condition.

The only cases I've heard being rejected on medical grounds are when the individual would require signifiant medicare costs for treatment (eg Aids being an obvious one).

Unless she is unable to fly or they can't afford the costs - why doesn't she come out to Australia with him to validate the visa and then return back to the UK. I think she has up until 5 years from the date of issue of the visa to come out to Australia.

It's probably best to post this question in the misc.immigration.australia+nz newsgroup http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...australia%2Bnz. There are some experts who 'hang out' there and could probably answer your questions accurately.

Good luck,
AndyH.

Last edited by jah4reds; Apr 17th 2003 at 12:08 am.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy
Thanks for your reply. I did submit my case at the google search and it helped my friend a lot. Now his wife is going for medicals....but nothing is still clear that it can be rejected on that basis or not....

thanks again
goodgal