Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can i take my medicines aboard,ie paracetomals etc

Can i take my medicines aboard,ie paracetomals etc

Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:23 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Cool Can i take my medicines aboard,ie paracetomals etc

Hi im flying to oz with my bf in december and i usually have to take my normal medicine tablets daily are you allowed to take medication prescription's with you

michelle
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can i take my medicines aboard,ie paracetomals etc

Sure u can carry the meds along. All you have to do is to take the prescriptions along.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:47 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: thanks

thank you ive just joined
thanks for advice
Old Aug 8th 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: thanks

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
thank you ive just joined
thanks for advice
You can, all you need to do is declare them in the arrival form. You will be provided with the form on your flight.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:16 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto.

We took several different meds, both prescription & non. Just keep them inthe original containers/packets & if youhave a script, just take along a copy of it. Declare them on the form & let them know when asked that you have them. Pack them on the top of your case so you can get them easily if you are asked...chances are they probably won't ask
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
Hi im flying to oz with my bf in december and i usually have to take my normal medicine tablets daily are you allowed to take medication prescription's with you

michelle
Take any prescription or de-regulated medicines if you wish.

1. You will get a declaration card on the plane, fill it in accurately, any mistakes cand at minimum get a $220 fine and a permanent entry on the computer systems.

2. Declare your medicines on the card and as a already advised, keep the presicriptions. Its better to put the medication in your stowed baggage.

3. If you come through Bangkok - anything liquid or cream over 100 ml in your hand luggage will be confiscated.
I still have a vision of a lady splashing Channel No5, bought in Duty Free at Dubai, on anybody that wanted it rather than throw it in the collection bin (which some suspect of being "rescued" later by staff.)

4. After clearing immigration and collecting baggage, you will filter through customs and have opportunity to declare your mediction which means all your baggage will be scanned.

In 2006 we had to show the various boxes and prescriptions, in 2008 they just scanned all our cases and hand luggage.
Whether its a new policy in operation now or pot luck..I cannot advise.

Its all very easy, the ones who have a bad time are those who forget or dont know they have to declare everything.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:29 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

What about transit in Dubai? We want to go with Emirates and have been before but i am put off by their strict guidelines on medicines. All i want to take is some Calpol or Nurofen for the kids and some headache tablets for us.
Any advice?
J x
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Do what we're doing and by the calpol sachets from the supermarket, I don't know if you can take these or not but i'm going to take the risk.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saville
Do what we're doing and by the calpol sachets from the supermarket, I don't know if you can take these or not but i'm going to take the risk.
Be very very careful, especially if you take anything containing codeine. Lots of threads in the Aus and Middle East forums. Here's two for starters.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527553
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608569