Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can i start my own business...

Can i start my own business...

Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:42 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough
Default Can i start my own business...

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if I will be allowed to work for myself immediately upon arrival? I'm applying on a 136 MODL.

I was sure I could but after watching 'Wanted Down Under' this week i'm not so sure.

Cheers

MenAtWork
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:49 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can i start my own business...

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if I will be allowed to work for myself immediately upon arrival? I'm applying on a 136 MODL.

I was sure I could but after watching 'Wanted Down Under' this week i'm not so sure.

Cheers

MenAtWork
Depends what skill you are, If your skill needs a Licence that will take time, so you will have to work for somebody else who does hold a Licence until you can get yours.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:57 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Hi Guys,

Cheers

MenAtWork
Yes basically. You can do what you want. Your a PR and dont have to work in any particular field or job. I came as a senior manager and am now a remedial sports therapist....working for myself
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:00 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Thats great

Thanks guys.