Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can I do this again ....... gulp! Pingponging that is

Can I do this again ....... gulp! Pingponging that is

Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I do this again ....... gulp! Pingponging that is

We had a good viewing yesterday and we are really hoping for an offer.

But ..... I am really S@*&$*g myself now, can I put us all through this again?? How can I be sure it will work this time? Aw crap

Mandy
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:16 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I do this again ....... gulp! Pingponging that is

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

But ..... I am really S@*&$*g myself now, can I put us all through this again?? How can I be sure it will work this time? Aw crap

Mandy
there are no guarantees but if you dont go through with it you will always wonder how it would have turned out, so hold your breath and jump in the deep end

best wishes
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

If you've already PINGed, the worst that can happen this time is PONG!

Of course you can do it (isn't that what you need to hear? )

shears
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
You cant be sure can you it'll 'work' this time can you.
If you are heading back though just come with a really positive attitude (obviously).
I know how you feel as I pinged back too
Good luck, hope it works our for you
xxx
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Is the reason you came back the first time still there ?

I'm sure it will be fine for you, as you are going with fresh eyes and a new perspective and know what to expect this time round.

We're on a mission to ping back there too so I know how you feel

Good luck
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
Is the reason you came back the first time still there ?

I'm sure it will be fine for you, as you are going with fresh eyes and a new perspective and know what to expect this time round.

We're on a mission to ping back there too so I know how you feel

Good luck
I did the ping back, came back to Oz, about 2 move back to UK.
I know everyones situs are v different etc but although I knew what to expect and felt back at home here straight away. for me the reasons I left Oz 1st time are the same ones this time.
Not trying to put a dampner on any pingers enthusiasm but thats the way it was for me...
Good luck
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:39 am
k76
Forum Regular

k76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nice

How can I be sure it will work this time?
You can't, but you can't be sure that you won't get hit by a car tommorrow either!

Probably you will have thought long and hard about this already, and came to the conclusion that it is the right thing. So when it gets a bit tough trust that, decisions made later under stress or distress are quite likely to be irrational.

And you'll be fine I've been back now for 7 months, settling in the second time is so much easier. Like coming home!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by k76
You can't, but you can't be sure that you won't get hit by a car tommorrow either!

Probably you will have thought long and hard about this already, and came to the conclusion that it is the right thing. So when it gets a bit tough trust that, decisions made later under stress or distress are quite likely to be irrational.

And you'll be fine I've been back now for 7 months, settling in the second time is so much easier. Like coming home!
It is different 2nd time round isnt it in terms of settling in. I didnt have much trouble settleing in 1st time but it was like coming back to my 2nd home.
Hope you enjoying being back k76
x
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:03 am
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice

Second time round for us! But you have to have a go otherwise you'd always wonder.

For us the feelings of loneliness etc. are still there but nothing like the first time around. We feel a bit more at home than before.

I'd say "go for it" but only you know how you feel now and, when you get here, like many other people, you may feel a lot more settled than the 1st time around.

I remember reading a post about someone who has pingponged 4 times!

Good luck.

Jin
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rkh001
Second time round for us! But you have to have a go otherwise you'd always wonder.

For us the feelings of loneliness etc. are still there but nothing like the first time around. We feel a bit more at home than before.

I'd say "go for it" but only you know how you feel now and, when you get here, like many other people, you may feel a lot more settled than the 1st time around.

I remember reading a post about someone who has pingponged 4 times!

Good luck.

Jin

Jesus

4 times...wonder what the record is
Did you go back to the same place?
Are you going back to same place Scrawni?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, feel a bit more positive today, just had the wobbles that's all!

We are now heading to the gold coast instead of cairns but that could change

At least we know what to expect this time round. Trouble is you can't be sure can you? I am really excited about going though.

We arn't going until we have sold the house this time round so that's a bonus and it means we won't have the same added pressure as last time.

Mandy
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

At least we know what to expect this time round. Trouble is you can't be sure can you? I am really excited about going though.

We arn't going until we have sold the house this time round so that's a bonus and it means we won't have the same added pressure as last time.

Mandy
Glad you're unwobbled.
Try be like a weeble if you have the wobbles.....
weebles wobble but they dont fall down

Good luck with it ALL
x
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:42 am
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice

[QUOTE=birdynumnum;5065552]Jesus

No. We were first on Wollongong and now is Sydney. Early days though...
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=rkh001;5065854]
Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Jesus

No. We were first on Wollongong and now is Sydney. Early days though...
Oh good luck with it!!!!!!!
How long've you been back?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Mandy
hi, did you leave your house to sell last time then. as ours fell thru 2 weeks ago and we are thinking of leavin it to sell. was it a major factor on you coming home.
tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.