Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can a career change in Oz affect PR status/ability to get citizenship?

Can a career change in Oz affect PR status/ability to get citizenship?

Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:12 pm
SuzieB

blowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Can a career change in Oz affect PR status/ability to get citizenship?

I applied and got PR as a skilled migrant (i'm an accountant).
If i decide on a career change in Australia can this affect my residency status or ability to get Citizenship?
I have looked all over for information on this and can find nothing.

I think that once you have PR, it doesn't matter what you do - but i would like to be sure as i don't want to risk not getting my citizenship (in however many years time!)
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:22 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can a career change in Oz affect PR status/ability to get citizenship?

Originally Posted by blowers
If i decide on a career change in Australia can this affect my residency status or ability to get Citizenship?

I think that once you have PR, it doesn't matter what you do - but i would like to be sure as i don't want to risk not getting my citizenship (in however many years time!)

No it wont affect it. Though some would argue that since you immigrated as your chosen proffession you should continue. All the best and dont worry!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:24 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can a career change in Oz affect PR status/ability to get citizenship?

Originally Posted by blowers

What career are you thinking of getting into?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:26 pm
SuzieB

blowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thebears
What career are you thinking of getting into?
Something in the healthcare field
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
No it wont affect it. Though some would argue that since you immigrated as your chosen proffession you should continue. All the best and dont worry!

I think this must be right since i am planning to go out as a landscaper and have already been approached by a vineyard as a manager. They are aware of my current position so they must be fairly sure its legit!!!