Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me what Teesdale, VIC is like??

Can anyone tell me what Teesdale, VIC is like??

Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default Can anyone tell me what Teesdale, VIC is like??

Hi Guys,

Just been torturing myself by looking at houses in oz. Came across our dream home it was so beautiful with everything we could want in a house. Only trouble is have no idea about the area, as it's the first time i have heard of it, and also if there are any schools, shops in this area, any help would be appreciated. Then we could either add to or remove from our ever growing list of possible towns to settle in.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone tell me what Teesdale, VIC is like??

Sorry, I have no idea what it's like! Hadn't even heard of it until I just looked it up. It's about 30kms the other side of Geelong so looks a long way out. Would you be looking to work in Geelong? Maybe some of the Geelong people will be able to help you out? Best of luck to you,
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

dalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
Hi Guys,

Just been torturing myself by looking at houses in oz. Came across our dream home it was so beautiful with everything we could want in a house. Only trouble is have no idea about the area, as it's the first time i have heard of it, and also if there are any schools, shops in this area, any help would be appreciated. Then we could either add to or remove from our ever growing list of possible towns to settle in.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Gosh Teesdale, who would have thought anyone overseas would even have heard about Teesdale outside of the Geelong area LOL.

Don't really know a lot about it as I have only driven through it a couple of times, but here goes.

Very pretty little place in rural area, Small village, population lucky to be 400 to 450 BUT this is Australia and most of the residents may be on farms around the township.

There is a local store, tea rooms etc. I'm pretty sure there is a small primary school but closest secondary schools would be in Geelong. Being a small country village you will find the people extremely friendly and helpful. There will probably be good local sporting facilities, Aussie Rules football, cricket, netball tennis etc. Not sure about local doctors at all, you may have to travel to Geelong just don't know. Not sure of the industries, but would assume they would be service industries for the farmers around there.

Geelong would be the closest city about 40 kms away. Other places around would be Shelford, Bannockburn Gheringhap etc, but they are small places too.

Suggest perhaps you look at a place called Baccus Marsh, it's inland so may not be quite so expensive as Geelong and the other coastal areas. Baccus Marsh is about 55 kms from Geelong and 50kms from Melbourne. Larger town than the ones mentioned above, and has more of amenities.

Feel free to PM me if you require any specific information.

dalhousie
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

thanks guys, looks like it might be a bit too out of it for us with hubby being a bricklayer, but when i saw the house i got so excited!!(not that it would be available when our visas eventually come through!!) it had everything, including 5 bedrooms, 1.5 acre, hot tub and pool for $349k.

heres a pic of the house
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone tell me what Teesdale, VIC is like??-our-dream-house.jpg  
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, looks like it might be a bit too out of it for us with hubby being a bricklayer, but when i saw the house i got so excited!!(not that it would be available when our visas eventually come through!!) it had everything, including 5 bedrooms, 1.5 acre, hot tub and pool for $349k.

heres a pic of the house
Looks like a damn good buy to me.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thats what we thought!!

it's even got a room turned into a sort of club, with a bar, mini dance floor, and disco ball!!! (not sure it that would stay!)
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I know people that live in Winchlesea, its a very decent area. Easy to get to the beach from there... probably less than 40 mins for you. The only obstacle I can think of is it probably is only tank water. If it isn't then you've got one of the best places I've ever seen a Migrant from overseas go for, From a country perspective, that is. just over 1 hour to Melbourne from there.

Well done for looking outside the normal parameters, if you can handle the quiet country lifestyle, then you've scored 10/10.

Dont worry if it is on tanks, you'll soon adjust, and at that price you may be able to increase your capacity.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

We would love that kind of country lifestyle, only problem would be hubbys work. mind you he is working 1.5hours away from home here at the moment, there must be some bricklaying work around the area. kids have always wanted horses, and there is also a double garage with power and water, so would be ideal to convert. just depressing that we cant even consider it with not having visas. At least this shows that it is possible on our budget. Just take a little longer to get.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We would love that kind of country lifestyle, only problem would be hubbys work. mind you he is working 1.5hours away from home here at the moment, there must be some bricklaying work around the area. kids have always wanted horses, and there is also a double garage with power and water, so would be ideal to convert. just depressing that we cant even consider it with not having visas. At least this shows that it is possible on our budget. Just take a little longer to get.
I reckon you could well be within 40 mins of the west of Melbournes expansion belt there. IE: all the new estates that are springing up from Hoppers crossing and Caroline springs onwards. Plus Geelong is growing as well. I dont think you realise how quiet it will be there though, it's nothing like rural UK.
You would really have to like the country life to enjoy it there, but I realise now that some people really do like that, owise there wouldn't be 400 people there. There again Geelong is the 2nd biggest city in Vic, and thats around 25 mins away, so not too bad I guess.