Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

URGENT Baggage Allowance Singapore Airlines

URGENT Baggage Allowance Singapore Airlines

Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default URGENT Baggage Allowance Singapore Airlines

Hi there

Can anyone who flew over here with Singapore Airlines tell me what the baggage allowance was.

I was under the impression that when you are moving over here you get a larger allowance...I know I did when I came over with Emirates.

Thanks

Sharon
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT Baggage Allowance Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by BandS
Hi there

Can anyone who flew over here with Singapore Airlines tell me what the baggage allowance was.

I was under the impression that when you are moving over here you get a larger allowance...I know I did when I came over with Emirates.

Thanks

Sharon
40kgs if on an unvalidated PR visa and a one way ticket. If you do a search you'll find their contact details so you can confirm it with the airline
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
40kgs if on an unvalidated PR visa and a one way ticket. If you do a search you'll find their contact details so you can confirm it with the airline
Thanks Pollyana

I called the airline and they say he is only allowed 20kgs even though he has a one way ticket. Think thats a bit bloody mean

Sharon
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Hi Sharon,

We have emailed and telephoned Singapore Airlines a few times regarding luggage allowance and they won't budge from 20kgs each. We have only got a temporary visa which allows us to stay for 4 years, but I think we might need slightly more stuff than we would if we were going on a fortnights holiday! When I tried to explain this I was informed I could take what I wanted but pay the excess baggage at the airport I must admit we are a bit disappointed in Singapore Airlines, thought they were supposed to be a five star airline. Anyway, we are shipping some stuff with an excess baggage company and it is much cheaper than paying the £32 per kilo with Singapore airline!

Carol x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Hi Sharon,

We have emailed and telephoned Singapore Airlines a few times regarding luggage allowance and they won't budge from 20kgs each. We have only got a temporary visa which allows us to stay for 4 years, but I think we might need slightly more stuff than we would if we were going on a fortnights holiday! When I tried to explain this I was informed I could take what I wanted but pay the excess baggage at the airport I must admit we are a bit disappointed in Singapore Airlines, thought they were supposed to be a five star airline. Anyway, we are shipping some stuff with an excess baggage company and it is much cheaper than paying the £32 per kilo with Singapore airline!

Carol x
Which excess baggage company are you using.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:10 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyana

I called the airline and they say he is only allowed 20kgs even though he has a one way ticket. Think thats a bit bloody mean

Sharon
I talked to them this week, if it's an unvalidated PR visa your ok.

When are you flying?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

HI,
We are going singapore airlines and have got the 40kg I emailed them and they emailed it back to me so i have printed it off. We have got a permanent 136 visa unvalidated and a 1 way ticket
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Which excess baggage company are you using.
Havent booked it yet, but looking at Easysending.com, they seem to be the cheapest for door to door air frieght service.

Carol x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing to watch with Singapore Airlines is if you break your journey with a stay in Singapore. You will have no problem getting 40kg on in the UK but they will say you are only allowed 20kg when you try and re-board at Changi. So make sure you have an email etc saying you can have the 40kg and be prepared to argue a little. We did this but were warned "to buy a special emigration fare ticket next time we emigrate"
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:26 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
The other thing to watch with Singapore Airlines is if you break your journey with a stay in Singapore. You will have no problem getting 40kg on in the UK but they will say you are only allowed 20kg when you try and re-board at Changi. So make sure you have an email etc saying you can have the 40kg and be prepared to argue a little. We did this but were warned "to buy a special emigration fare ticket next time we emigrate"
WHAT!!!!!!! I can't believe that...shisters

Do you still have the email address please?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:28 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
WHAT!!!!!!! I can't believe that...shisters

Do you still have the email address please?
I think I just emailed the London address on their website after being prompted on here. I have heard plenty of others say the same thing.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:31 am
live free or die

I think I just emailed the London address on their website after being prompted on here. I have heard plenty of others say the same thing.
ok ta, will do it now.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:43 pm
live free or die

I emailed them, just waiting......But then I had a little idea...the visa is still an unstamped\unvalidated visa at that point, so what difference does it make?

Their policy is 40kgs for a first entry on a PR visa.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

If you have a PR visa and unvalidated you should have no probs
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:45 pm
live free or die

TADA!!!! just got this

Dear Mrs Welshviking,

Thank you for your email.

With reference to your email, please note that I have documented into your reservation details that you are first time user of Migrant Visa. You will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in for all your flights.

Hope this helps your concern.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines. We look forward to serve you.

Regards
John
SIA UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.