Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me anything about Burpengary, QLD?

Can anyone tell me anything about Burpengary, QLD?

Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:03 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road
Question Can anyone tell me anything about Burpengary, QLD?

Hi All

Just been looking at some other possibilities of suburbs to settle in near Brisbane. Burpengary has the train and the Bruce Highway running through/by it and (from my Brisbane Street Directory) seems to be about 40K from Brisbane. But what else? I've looked at Real Estate on the web (most houses seem to be fairly large plots) and state schools (there's not many).

Does anyone live there or has lived there or knows someone who lives/lived there?

Any good info about this suburb please.

Thanks
R
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Can anyone tell me anything about Burpengary, QLD?

Hi

Burpengary is a bit out of the way, you would be better off in Mango Hill which is just 10 minutes down the road, it has much more amenities and there are more schools to choose from.

The Westfield complex is excellent too, for shops, cinema, bars and there is a golf course too!

Bill
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:26 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Hi

Burpengary is a bit out of the way, you would be better off in Mango Hill which is just 10 minutes down the road, it has much more amenities and there are more schools to choose from.

The Westfield complex is excellent too, for shops, cinema, bars and there is a golf course too!

Bill
Thanks Bill, I noticed a few houses on the Real Estate websites in Mango Hill. I'll look into that area now too.

R
Old Jan 24th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We've just bought a place in Mango Hill after renting for 6 months in Scarborough (we move in Saturday). The amenities are excellent www.northlakes.com will give you a good idea of what's around.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 2:17 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Hi

Bill

Would agree with this. Mango Hill has a new estate being developed at the moment, right next to the river. Looks like some really nice properties going up there at the moment
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Have a look at Narangba- joined at the hip (almost) with Burbengary, it has excelent sporting facilities, a modern high school and a state primary school opening in February this year. It has its own rail link, a short drive to Morayfield (which has everything you would want to buy). Houses and land for sale, great walks and cycle paths, I say again cycle paths.

Keep your options open that my advice

Regards Scot
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:05 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scotvness
Have a look at Narangba- joined at the hip (almost) with Burbengary, it has excelent sporting facilities, a modern high school and a state primary school opening in February this year. It has its own rail link, a short drive to Morayfield (which has everything you would want to buy). Houses and land for sale, great walks and cycle paths, I say again cycle paths.

Regards Scot
Avoid Morayfield, although there are some nice people there, most of them are, it has more than it's fair share of banjo players, Caboolture is the same. Full of hoons, the only way i would like to stay there is with a sniper rifle for the trailer trash who buy a 4 litre car, 2 higher than their brain cells. Check the area for tyre marks before you buy, don't confuse them with bitumen.
Old May 8th 2005, 5:38 am
skippy

Originally Posted by scotvness

Regards Scot
Seconded for Narangba, mind you I would avoid the high school, about 1700 kids, and two sittings to start school! Now a rush job trying to find a private school for my daughter next year!!
Skippy