Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can anyone tell me...........

can anyone tell me...........

Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default can anyone tell me...........

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me where I can find some nice pictures of perth, It's for my desktop. (Sad I know).

Thank you, Sarah.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone tell me...........

Should be something you like on here Sarah

http://search.pbase.com/search?q=perth&begin=0
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:56 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me where I can find some nice pictures of perth, It's for my desktop. (Sad I know).

Thank you, Sarah.
Bix gave you a very good link. Such a helpful sort

I just thought it funny how you are in nth yorkshire wanting to come to perth and I am in Perth wanting to go to yorkshire(ie; york, leeds, whitby, scarborough area) LOL Any tips on best places there ?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: can anyone tell me...........

Hi,

I know that site is great thanx.

In my opinion York is very nice, it's a historical cathedral city.

Bridlington is nice, costal.

If you are looking for smaller towns then i would recomend, Otley, Yeadon or Skipton. I live in a small village called Cowling, Nr Skipton.

If I had to chose a place to live I would chose Halksworth its lovely but expensive. Nr to where they record Emerdale the soap (dont know if you have seen it) Its not far from Leeds.

It depends on what you are after. Are you coming to live here or for a holiday?

I cant wait to get to Perth, I dont think I will come back. If you want any info just ask.

Sarah.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Bix gave you a very good link. Such a helpful sort

I just thought it funny how you are in nth yorkshire wanting to come to perth and I am in Perth wanting to go to yorkshire(ie; york, leeds, whitby, scarborough area) LOL Any tips on best places there ?
A mutual swap maybe?! ...... and how can anyone want to leave Oz?

I hear it's lovely there
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Thank you, Sarah.
Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Attached Thumbnails can anyone tell me...........-perth.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:27 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I know that site is great thanx.

In my opinion York is very nice, it's a historical cathedral city.

Bridlington is nice, costal.

If you are looking for smaller towns then i would recomend, Otley, Yeadon or Skipton. I live in a small village called Cowling, Nr Skipton.

If I had to chose a place to live I would chose Halksworth its lovely but expensive. Nr to where they record Emerdale the soap (dont know if you have seen it) Its not far from Leeds.

It depends on what you are after. Are you coming to live here or for a holiday?

I cant wait to get to Perth, I dont think I will come back. If you want any info just ask.

Sarah.
Thanks Sarah. I am looking at moving there to live once I finish my degree here. Just from some of the reading I have done Yorkshire struck me as the sort of area I would like to live in.

Guess I like the idea of a place where people are friendly, has some history, and some culture and pleasant countryside nearby. London is ok but too expensive to live in I think and Brighton is getting that way as well I have heard.
I'd probably enjoy the warmer weather in the south a bit more, but it's the friendliness of the locals that is a major consideration, and I have heard the further north you go the friendlier people are .
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim2004
A mutual swap maybe?! ...... and how can anyone want to leave Oz?

I hear it's lovely there
I don't own a property so I couldn't do a swap. As for your second comment, what is that old saying: not all that glitters is gold ?
Plenty of people leave OZ and don't comeback. It's not some idyllic paradise, as you will find once you have been here a while.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwichild, is that your picture? if so you can come and stay at our house in lovely East Anglia
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwichild
I don't own a property so I couldn't do a swap. As for your second comment, what is that old saying: not all that glitters is gold ?
Plenty of people leave OZ and don't comeback. It's not some idyllic paradise, as you will find once you have been here a while.
Awwwwwwwww don't say that! I've already had a bashing from JAJ on the Immigration side

I'm off to my cave!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thank you, Sarah.
Not static pictures, but a webcam:
http://perthcam.bankwest.com.au

Jeremy