Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a good super fund?

Can anyone recommend a good super fund?

Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:10 am
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future
Default Can anyone recommend a good super fund?

Hi,

My husband's employer currently pays into a super for him through Suncorp and we were advised by his accounts clerk at work to shop around as we could get a better deal with someone else.

Not really sure what we should be looking for so wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thanks
Emma
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:33 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good super fund?

Originally Posted by Ginger1002
Hi,

My husband's employer currently pays into a super for him through Suncorp and we were advised by his accounts clerk at work to shop around as we could get a better deal with someone else.

Not really sure what we should be looking for so wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thanks
Emma
Look at the returns for current crowd and then visit a financial advisor and seek a better return for less risk.

Would not recommend any at the moment - mainly because our risk profile may be different to yours. And most important I am not a financial advisor.

But things I would look for are:

Higher fees don't always depict better returns (in the future) - Fund managers do leave organisations.

Even towards retirement you need some risk because the rate of return on cash (low risk holdings) is going to eat up your funds faster than grow them.

Its not a money for nothing world so dont be scared about paying good money for good advise.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:05 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

There's a website that compares funds for free.

Personally I like Sunsuper.

REST (its a retail fund, but you don't need to work in retail to join) also has great returns.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:25 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Speak to a financial advisor. You should be able to meet one in your bank for free. We're with Sunsuper and when we spoke to the guy from the ANZ, he reckoned that was one of the best to be with.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks
Emma
Have a look at this site:

http://www.superratings.com.au/awards.php
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:24 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Can anyone recommend a good super fund?

Hi,

Thanks
Emma
I use AMP.

Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I use AMP.

I work for one of the top five Super fund companies in Australia and the general perspective from a lot of people I speak to is that unless your company offers a really good corporate deal with a Superfund then it is very difficult for the large funds to compete with the Industry Funds that are now accessible to anyone following the "Choice" changes to the Super legislation.

The link I posted above shows a number of the leading Industry funds in amongst the award winners.

Cheers

Paul