Reload this Page >

Driving in Queensland

Driving in Queensland

Old Jan 14th 2007, 3:46 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Driving in Queensland

Can anyone put me right.

I think I saw on a thread on here that when a person migrates from the UK to Australia they didn't have to take a touch screen test for changing their driving license over to a Oz one especially the Queensland area.

Reading on the Queensland Transport site it says you still have three months in which to take the test to change your licence.

Can someone please clarify this.

Thanks

Caz
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:28 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all
Default Re: Driving in Queensland

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Can anyone put me right.

I think I saw on a thread on here that when a person migrates from the UK to Australia they didn't have to take a touch screen test for changing their driving license over to a Oz one especially the Queensland area.

Reading on the Queensland Transport site it says you still have three months in which to take the test to change your licence.

Thanks

Caz
Hi Caz
I have just been to Queensland and we have just changed our licence over to Queensland driving licence and you do not have to take a test out there. If you need to know anything else PM me
Lin
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:42 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Thanks Lin.

Caz
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

we had to take a multiple choice (Qld written test) to chage ours over in 2005, but you do have 3 months driving on a full UK drivers licence.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about

Can anyone put me right.

Thanks

Caz
u just have to present your Uk licence and pay the fee now. I t has just recently been changes over from having to do a theory test.

Cheers
Bb
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

trust it to change on me . they have not changed it on their website yet http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/L...stion1#licence
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone put me right.

Thanks

Caz
Touch screen ? You overestimate Queensland Transport. The theory test was pencil, paper and laminated and slightly dog eared tests.

Ah well - at least you dont have to take it now. Personally I think it was character building to have failed it at least once.....like me
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Touch screen ? You overestimate Queensland Transport.
They've only just officially recognised the new discovery - the round wheel - after all
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

was just searcing for locations of theory tests, looks like i might not need to now.

can anyone confirm that recent chages mean you dont need to do a theory?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cra1gm
was just searcing for locations of theory tests, looks like i might not need to now.

Its genuine. You don't have to do it. There are bucket loads of threads over the last couple of months
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:21 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cra1gm

Still wouldn't hurt to read the book to familiarise yourself with the different rules/signs etc though, just like I had to before I went to the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:36 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Still wouldn't hurt to read the book to familiarise yourself with the different rules/signs etc though, just like I had to before I went to the UK.
deffo undertake the overtake on the inside lane rule:

in other words take plenty of no notice and count to 10
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:05 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
u just have to present your Uk licence and pay the fee now. I t has just recently been changes over from having to do a theory test.

Cheers
Bb
Hi, I was all set up for doing my theory on the first month we got there, good job ive started reading the forum again!, so where do you present your uk licence so that you can get an Queensland one? Many thanks, Pete (going there in a month)
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:11 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi, I was all set up for doing my theory on the first month we got there, good job ive started reading the forum again!, so where do you present your uk licence so that you can get an Queensland one? Many thanks, Pete (going there in a month)
Go to your local Queensland Transport office. You dont need an appointment, its a take a ticket type queue. They will do the photo there and then also.

You will however need to take certain ID with you - and make sure that you have everything.

Check the website for the details of the local office and whats acceptable as ID.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:44 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Go to your local Queensland Transport office. You dont need an appointment, its a take a ticket type queue. They will do the photo there and then also.

You will however need to take certain ID with you - and make sure that you have everything.

Check the website for the details of the local office and whats acceptable as ID.
Does anyone know where the nearest QLD transport office is in Brisbane? Or there web address?Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.