Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone help?

Does anyone have a list of things we must do in the UK before emigrating to Oz. We go in April, and don't really know where to start. Do we have to contact the authorities and tell them we are leaving the country? Do we have to get our medical records released or can we start afresh in Oz? I'd be really interested in seeing anybodys 'to do lists', as I'm sure I have missed something important out.

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2003, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I asked a similar question when we thought we were off and got at least one good answer that covered a couple of things I'd forgotten about, if you put "panic sets in" into the search forum box it brings it up.

MIGHT be in the same position as you (again) as had an offer this morning from a first time buyer with mortgage in place, who if all goes according to plan could complete in time so our holiday on the 9th could be no longer a holiday! Trying not to get too excited though, could all so easily go wrong again. Have also got another two offers on the table, both good but with an extra link in the chain each (all same price), so reducing the price did the trick. Trying at the moment to see if we can get a deposit out of the first time buyers!

Will watch this thread to see if anyone comes up with any good ideas.

Re-direct post?

Cancel family allowance if you've got children.

Drs print outs of medical records.

Dentists said not to bother, will take x-rays etc in Oz anyway if need be as things change.

Get evidence of insurance no claims etc

Lots more but my minds gone blank!

Loopy
Old Feb 28th 2003, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is fantastic news. I have got EVERYTHING crossed for you and your sale. Its about time you had some good news. I am really thinking of you, and so hope that you will be leaving for good on the same day as us.

Thank you also for the list. Had forgotten about post re-direction. Dont have to worry about the kids though as have none. One of the main reasons for going to Oz is to start a family. How many have you got? What age etc? And where do you live at the moment?
Old Feb 28th 2003, 12:12 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loopy
I asked a similar question when we thought we were off and got at least one good answer that covered a couple of things I'd forgotten about, if you put "panic sets in" into the search forum box it brings it up.

Claim your tax ebate - if applicable
stop the milk!!!!
get all the e-mail addresses of friends - cheaper to tell them your new address than send cards
Get some nu-skin to take with you (you will find it difficult to get in australia)