Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone advise on storage in the UK?

Can anyone advise on storage in the UK?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Default Can anyone advise on storage in the UK?

We are off to Brisbane in July (all going well). Have any of you out there any recommendations/advice on storage companies please? We live in Brighton/Hove.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can anyone advise on storage in the UK?

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
We are off to Brisbane in July (all going well). Have any of you out there any recommendations/advice on storage companies please? We live in Brighton/Hove.

You need to use a reputanle company. I stored stuff somyears ago with a local outfit because they were cheaper. When I retrieved it 9 months later, all my power tools had been nicked.

If I were you I'd go with Big Yellow - national company with good reputation -and a branch in Brighton.

Big Yellow Self Storage
2 Coombe Road
Off Lewes Road
Brighton
BN2 4EA

Telephone: 01273 626 202
Fax: 01273 627 339
e - mail: [email protected]
www.bigyellow.co.uk

Cheers

Phil
Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Can anyone advise on storage in the UK?

Originally Posted by PhilShila
You need to use a reputanle company. I stored stuff somyears ago with a local outfit because they were cheaper. When I retrieved it 9 months later, all my power tools had been nicked.

If I were you I'd go with Big Yellow - national company with good reputation -and a branch in Brighton.

Big Yellow Self Storage
2 Coombe Road
Off Lewes Road
Brighton
BN2 4EA

Telephone: 01273 626 202
Fax: 01273 627 339
e - mail: [email protected]
www.bigyellow.co.uk

Cheers

Phil
Much appreciated, thank you!
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:01 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the company you are using to ship your stuff to Oz not store it for you? Crown are storing our contents free of charge for 6 weekd prior to shipping and then their weekly/monthly rates are quite competative too. As we are moving into my mums on 24th June this means Crown are coming to export pack our belongings on 22nd and 23rd June.

Lynn
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

ballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Will the company you are using to ship your stuff to Oz not store it for you? Crown are storing our contents free of charge for 6 weekd prior to shipping and then their weekly/monthly rates are quite competative too. As we are moving into my mums on 24th June this means Crown are coming to export pack our belongings on 22nd and 23rd June.

Lynn
Hi Lynn

Would you mind letting me have Crown's contact details. I did a search on the internet and came up with zilch.

We're being quoted hectic rates for storage prior to shipping.

Regards
Michele
Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:20 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballyhoo
Hi Lynn

Would you mind letting me have Crown's contact details. I did a search on the internet and came up with zilch.

We're being quoted hectic rates for storage prior to shipping.

Regards
Michele
No problems Michele - at least this way your stuff is export wrapped/ packed only once, heres the link:
http://www.crownrelo.com/web/reloweb.nsf/
Just contact your nearest branch by phoning or e-mail - I e-mailed and got a quick response - you might have to wait until Monday now. They will send somebody round to estimate the volume of what you are shipping - some people only get offered 4 weeks free storage so make it clear you are loking for at least 6 weeks - with Crown is worked for me.

Lynn

Lynn