Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when did you put your house on the market?

when did you put your house on the market?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:01 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when did you put your house on the market?

hi all

as a newbie to the board im intersted on when you all put your house on the market?
i know the agents line of "not making any life changing decisions until you have your visa", but what did REAL people do and what advice could you give?
better to sell during the visa process and then rent/move in with family or wait until you have your visa?

amanda
Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:16 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when did you put your house on the market?

Originally Posted by amanda76
hi all

as a newbie to the board im intersted on when you all put your house on the market?
i know the agents line of "not making any life changing decisions until you have your visa", but what did REAL people do and what advice could you give?
better to sell during the visa process and then rent/move in with family or wait until you have your visa?

amanda
when we got the request for the meds and PCC.....
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

amanda
When we got the email confirming visa grant. With hindsight, not many fail the visa app and the housing market has cooled so we would have put it on the market 3 months earlier when we applied.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
When we got the email confirming visa grant. With hindsight, not many fail the visa app and the housing market has cooled so we would have put it on the market 3 months earlier when we applied.
We're going to be cautious and wait for visa grant too, way our luck tends to be just dont want to tempt fate until that visa is in the passports!
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:24 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
We're going to be cautious and wait for visa grant too, way our luck tends to be just dont want to tempt fate until that visa is in the passports!
Why do that? The way the housing market works in the UK you can easily string the sale out...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by walla1
Why do that? The way the housing market works in the UK you can easily string the sale out...
Because wouldnt want to be in a position where we had no house and no visa.

Sorry, I'm a born pessimist!

Anyway, still got decorating to get done so in all honesty wont be in a position to be on the market til around then anyway.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

10 months ago!! After we had our visa, BIG mistake.

Rented it out now, and leaving on July 18th.

Nikki
xx
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:51 am

i must admit that i dont want to wait until our visa comes, with the housing market as it is in england we would never get there!! this process is long enough as it is, without waiting some more time. i really dont mind going into rented/family and we have alot riding on this move, we are up rooting three children!! its a hard one though, isnt it?? the rights and wrongs of it all.................

amanda
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:52 am

i must admit that i dont want to wait until our visa comes, with the housing market as it is in england we would never get there!! this process is long enough as it is, without waiting some more time. i really dont mind going into rented/family and we have alot riding on this move, we are up rooting three children!! its a hard one though, isnt it?? the rights and wrongs of it all.................

amanda

I guess in that case you're OK, I've heard of quite a few people recently getting offers within a few days / weeks of being on the market.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:56 am
Keeping it fairly real

amanda

the point is you could put your house up for sale and if it sold you can string it out as I say.

the seller is in a unique position in the UK (as opposed to Oz) it's win win win, what is there to lose?

if the visa fails just take it off the market...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:04 pm

the point is you could put your house up for sale and if it sold you can string it out as I say.

the seller is in a unique position in the UK (as opposed to Oz) it's win win win, what is there to lose?

if the visa fails just take it off the market...

just to add, i would never gazzump, i thinks its awful. the last post put this into my head, what would i do if.........
has anyone failed visa appl after sending meds etc?
sorry iv got to go to work now, will catch up with this later.
amanda
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:08 pm
Keeping it fairly real

just to add, i would never gazzump, i thinks its awful. the last post put this into my head, what would i do if.........
has anyone failed visa appl after sending meds etc?
sorry iv got to go to work now, will catch up with this later.
amanda
in the truest sense it's not gazzumping, you're pulling it off the market and not selling to a higher bidder, believe me it's dog eat dog out there.

I'll send you a PM...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:10 pm

in the truest sense it's not gazzumping, you're pulling it off the market and not selling to a higher bidder, believe me it's dog eat dog out there.
Very true...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:24 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mysnix
10 months ago!! After we had our visa, BIG mistake.

Rented it out now, and leaving on July 18th.

Nikki
xx
Nikki - are you coming to the meet on Sunday so we can give you and scissors a good send off.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:25 pm
A former regular of BE

How about you Amanda? Coming to the meet?

(I am not on commission from the White Horse, honest!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.