Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Camping in Brisbane Thread - Newbie could use some help

Camping in Brisbane Thread - Newbie could use some help

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camping in Brisbane Thread - Newbie could use some help

Originally Posted by obiwan

Its a hell of a big and fantastic country and for us that have to live in the city/suburbs for work, camping in one form or another is a great way to get out and see more than you could in a day trip or by using hotels.[/QUOTE]

absolutely! i am also trying to start my kids early so they enjoy it. my OH unfortunately never got to experience it as a kid so doesn't understand how fun it is....

aside from the goldcoast and sunshine coast, are many of the beautiful parks within 1-3 hours of brisbane? or do you normally have to drive more than 3 hours to see the good stuff?[/QUOTE]

We are in Sydney...but have travelled a little in your area. You must go to Byron Bay..but not at Easter as there is a Blue's Festival and it will be packed.

Hervey Bay to the north is also very nice.

Inland...well Toowoomba and the Darling Downs would be interesting for a weekend and then there is Crows Nest and some of the other little National Parks out there to the east of Dalby (on the road to Esk from Oakley if I remember correctly). Again worth a weekend.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Noosa North Shore
http://www.noosanorthshore.com.au/

We are going at the weekend - weather permitting - I'll let you know what its like but friends of ours have been and recommended it to us.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:15 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillysm
Noosa North Shore

We are going at the weekend - weather permitting - I'll let you know what its like but friends of ours have been and recommended it to us.
http://www.thunderbirdpark.com/creek-side-camping/

stayed here and really enjoyed it
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gillysm
Noosa North Shore

thanks, hope you have a fantastic weekend....nice link
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve`o

http://www.thunderbirdpark.com/creek-side-camping/

stayed here and really enjoyed it
thanks Steve, will add that to my list too!