Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Camping around Perth for 2 week Reccie

Camping around Perth for 2 week Reccie

Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Smile Camping around Perth for 2 week Reccie

Hi all

Can anyone advise me or know where I can get a list of camp sites North and South of Perth for our 2 week validation trip in January, will be hiring a campervan.

Did the same on the east coast a couple of years ago and found lots of places all with good facilities, sure it must be the same in WA

Cheers

Mick
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camping around Perth for 2 week Reccie

http://www.kalbarri.com/perth/caravanparks.html

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi all

Can anyone advise me or know where I can get a list of camp sites North and South of Perth for our 2 week validation trip in January, will be hiring a campervan.

Did the same on the east coast a couple of years ago and found lots of places all with good facilities, sure it must be the same in WA

Cheers

Mick
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Thanks Luma
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:37 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

If you actually want to stay in Perth city, there is a nice caravan park in the Karrinyup/Gwelup areas in the northern suburbs of Perth, not sure of the name (Karrinyup Waters maybe?), but it is only 20 mins from the CBD and 10 from beaches. Quiet and leafy. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by denver
If you actually want to stay in Perth city, there is a nice caravan park in the Karrinyup/Gwelup areas in the northern suburbs of Perth, not sure of the name (Karrinyup Waters maybe?), but it is only 20 mins from the CBD and 10 from beaches. Quiet and leafy. Hope this helps.

It's Karrinyup waters resort. We stayed there on our recce and thought it was great! Lovely swimming pool, very clean, bbq area, big pond, very friendly and helpfull staff. In fact think the guy who runs it is Irish, if I remember correctly. Can highly recommend it, think we will try and stay here when we first get to Aus. They have a touring part and static caravan/chalets. Nicky x
Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:14 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick and Claire (& boys)
Just a quicky to say we are here and things are going well so far - Kids are settled into school, Sean has a job & started this week, I've an interview next week (but don't want to start til after Xmas), renting in Butler and things are slowly getting back to normal(ish).
We would love to meet for a drink or two during your reccie so give us a shout.
Gillian
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sme
Hi Mick and Claire (& boys)
Just a quicky to say we are here and things are going well so far - Kids are settled into school, Sean has a job & started this week, I've an interview next week (but don't want to start til after Xmas), renting in Butler and things are slowly getting back to normal(ish).
We would love to meet for a drink or two during your reccie so give us a shout.
Gillian
Hi Gillian

You1`re actually there then, Wow how cool is that.
It seems that nearly everyone we have met on our journey so far have now landed, including you guys.

Hopefully you have done the hardest bit and the next few months will get easier for you. Reckon you are doing the right thing in not working for a while just till you get settled in. Hows Butler and was it easy to find a rental?

Am in the process of getting a flight booked so that I land on the 5th of January to validate, which is by coincidence my 40th AARGHHHH! How old is that?

Will definitely meet up with you guys for a beer or get that barbie on.

Hope all goes well, keep us posted and speak soon.

Mick n Claire

PS Hope kids are settling in well.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:59 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hows Butler and was it easy to find a rental?

Am in the process of getting a flight booked so that I land on the 5th of January to validate, which is by coincidence my 40th AARGHHHH! How old is that?
We were lucky regarding a rental - its a brand new house but I'm as neurotic as hell regarding damaging the property. Butler is new and shiny, quiet but with some things going on at the weekends.

40 is really old- LOL. (Mine is in Feb )

If you need a hand with anything (meeting at the airport etc), let us know!

See you for a birthday barbie in January.

Gillian