Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Yup, no problem. At the moment it looks like this:

Confirmed: Anya, Bundy, Ovenater, Markwarner, Draper5 and me.

Interested: Katherineiv, Tina Castle, Waynecambs, Gravyman, Paul&Shar

Apologies if I've missed anyone.

If I book it, say, the middle of next week hopefully that will give everyone a chance to decide if they can come or not. That should also keep this thread bumped up and give more East Anglians the chance to see it and join in.

I'm really looking forward to this meet up. It seems like ages ago we started the ball rolling- Oct 2002 I think, but we only recently told family about it and our friends just keep telling us we're not to go (awww). So it will be the first time we will have been really able to chat about stuff openly. Can't wait!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:50 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by YFitz

If I book it, say, the middle of next week hopefully that will give everyone a chance to decide if they can come or not. That should also keep this thread bumped up and give more East Anglians the chance to see it and join in.

I'm really looking forward to this meet up. It seems like ages ago we started the ball rolling- Oct 2002 I think, but we only recently told family about it and our friends just keep telling us we're not to go (awww). So it will be the first time we will have been really able to chat about stuff openly. Can't wait!!

Yay for YFitz!!!! Thanks for taking on the booking..

It certainly will be good to meet up. Assuming we find each other. You can always check out the names to faces thread as I'm on there somewhere...

I've bored all my friends and family by going on (and on) about Oz so it will be good to have some fresh blood to bore!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:50 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really looking forward to this meet up. It seems like ages ago we started the ball rolling- Oct 2002 I think,
Me too. Blinkin' 5 years I've been waiting to get back to Oz!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:25 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Great! Thanks! I hope you've added those excellent project management skills to your resume!

We're looking forward to it, too. It'll be good to talk to other people who're in that odd stage of life where you've mentally left the UK, but you haven't quite arrived in Oz yet

Our friends are almost all fearfully envious that we're going, and many are planning their free holiday accom. in Melbourne already. My best gay mate already has the dates & flight costings to come over & see the 'Midsumma Divas 'Drag Queen Parade! Cool! Mind you, 1 or 2 friends have made stupid comments about 'how can you bear going to live in a country with no culture or history, peopled by criminals & sheep', but we've just ignored them.....

Anya.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YFitz

Hi Yv

Just wanted to say that we will confirm in the next few days, I just need to see my husband for 5 mins to mention it!!(went back to work after baby this week and only seem to pass him on the doorstep !!)

Keep bumping there must be more out there!!!????
Lets take over the Brewers Fayre!!!

Cheers

Shar
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

P.S

Forgot to say great organisational skills by the way and what amazingly quick decisions by the rest of us!!

Cheers
Shar
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Bump

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:37 am
She's a bird, you know

Default Re: Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Originally posted by Paul & Shar
Bump

And again...
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 10:35 am
She's a bird, you know

One more time...
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

suffolkdino is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by draper5
Hi
We're in v early stages of application (getting references from past employers), but live on Norfolk/Suffolk border - near Diss. We have three sons (10,8 and 4)

It's quite a way from Grantchester for a Sunday lunch, but let us know if there's any other meets planned a bit closer (BSE fine).
Or are there any other E Anglians out there close to us!?
:

Hi
Sounds like a good idea to get together. We live in Newmarket and are in the early stages of applying. Didn't realise that so many people in this area had the same idea. Got 2 kiddies so somewhere that takes them would be ideal
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 2:33 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by suffolkdino
:

Hi
Sounds like a good idea to get together. We live in Newmarket and are in the early stages of applying. Didn't realise that so many people in this area had the same idea. Got 2 kiddies so somewhere that takes them would be ideal
Right, we'll stick you down on the list then!!! The more the merrier, and children welcome (seems like there will be several coming already). Good chance to sit and have a yarn about Oz and the application process etc etc
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

[i]

Hi Bundy

Count us in. We don't have any kids, so there will just be me and my missus Sara.

Please could you confirm date, time and venue.

Looking forward to it.

Gravyman
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

No probs. Will be booking a table next week when hopefully the others have had a chance to reply.

Sunday 25 April
Rushbrooke Arms, BSE about 12.00

Cheers, Yvonne
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 7:38 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

No probs. Will be booking a table next week when hopefully the others have had a chance to reply.

Sunday 25 April
Rushbrooke Arms, BSE about 12.00

Cheers, Yvonne
BSE??? Yikes! Are they serving British beef at that carvery? Well, I suppose it is a *meet* (sorry)....

Anya.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, they also do a nice foot and mouth disease for pud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.