Reload this Page >

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Wikiposts

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Old Apr 25th 2004, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

Sooooo sorry you lot

I am sitting here waiting for hubbie but i think he may be so ingrossed in his war game that he has forgotton about me.

Please let me know how it went and I will look forward to the next one.

sally
Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ovenater
Sooooo sorry you lot

I am sitting here waiting for hubbie but i think he may be so ingrossed in his war game that he has forgotton about me.

Please let me know how it went and I will look forward to the next one.

sally

Hi Sally

The meet up went very well. Just got back.

It was a shame you couldn't make it as it was great to meet up with people, chat about each others experiences, hopes etc and to put faces to names.

Sara and I would like to thank everyone for the day and look forward to the next meet up when hopefuly we will hopefully have good news in the pursuit of our visas. (Especially Ours )

Thanks again

Gravyman
Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Hi Sally,

don't fret too much about missing the meet. We all got on really well and are talking about a possible picnic somewhere like Thetford forest in the summer. When we do you'll have to ban your hubby from playing war (he might step in someone's dinner!).

It was a great way to meet everyone and a real relief to be able to voice some worries. PLUS we got to see Anya4oz's hubby's visa! Oh what a wonderful addition to any passport!

I'm sure you'll read more about the meet so stay tuned...

Mrs Gravyman
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:18 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Sally,

don't fret too much about missing the meet. We all got on really well and are talking about a possible picnic somewhere like Thetford forest in the summer. When we do you'll have to ban your hubby from playing war (he might step in someone's dinner!).

It was a great way to meet everyone and a real relief to be able to voice some worries. PLUS we got to see Anya4oz's hubby's visa! Oh what a wonderful addition to any passport!

I'm sure you'll read more about the meet so stay tuned...

Mrs Gravyman
Yeah Sally, no worries.... (as they say) Hope you can come along next time. We've talked about a picnic, with Sun 13 June pencilled in as a poss. date.

It was a great afternoon and really lovely to see everyone - a very big THANK YOU to Yvonne for organising it all for us - what a star.

As for Mr Anya flashing his visa at all & sundry, I'll have to watch that. It's when he starts doing that while wearing a dirty mac that I know I have to worry

Meanwhile am keeping fingers very X'd to all of you in the process of applying, and good luck to for MarkW & family who leave these shores real soon!

Anya.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 7:46 am
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys.
thanks to all for a very pleasant sunday even though i missed the grand prix and set the video to record the wrong channel(twat),the only dissapointment was that we didnt get to see anya in her high chair,it was nice to see the faces behind the names and to speak to everybody in person.good luck to all of you in this tedious and slow process it will eventually come to you all and hopefully be worth the wait.
regards
mark,abbi,tia and the grubby one(max)
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:18 am
Just Joined

gix883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all and again a BIG thankyou to Yvonne for organiseing today.
Katherineiv myself and the boys had a great time and again it was fab to see everyone and chat about various stages of the process that we are all at. It's great chatting to people who have there visas and also talking to people who are at the same stage as i currently am.
Anyways all in all a fab afternoon and enjoyable food to boot, we whish you all good luck in your pursuit of these illusive visas and look forward to hearing how you progress. For those that have them we whish you all the best in your exciting new futures that lay ahead specially to mark,abbi and tribe who head out real soon.
Hope to keep intouch with y'all....eric.kathy,matt & lyndon.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Just a quick note to say how much we also enjoyed this afternoon. This was the first time we've met people face to face who are also going through this emigrating lark and it's certainly made me feel a little less stressed......I know we'll eventually get there in the end!
Ronan enjoyed today so much he thought he'd mark the occassion by rolling over onto his tummy tonight for the first time ever! Pity he couldn't manage to get back again. He just lay there flapping his arms around like a seal and crying!
Sorry you didn't make it Sally. Hopefully you and Paul and Shar and others who couldn't come today will make the next one. How does 13 June look to everyone at the moment?
Good luck to everyone still waiting for the next steps of their applications, and Mark and Abbi- I can't believe how calm you two are!!
G'night all
Yvonne x
P.S. Mr Anya- how come I managed to miss you flashing your prized possession?!
Old Apr 25th 2004, 7:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was a joy to meet you all yesterday. Yvonne, thanks so much for such fantastic organisational skills (and not a pile of baby sick in sight )

Can't wait for the next meet!!!
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

suffolkdino is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody

Thanks very much Yvonne for organising yesterday afternoon. We all had a great time and as everyone else is saying its good to put faces to names. Its interesting to see what different stages people are at. We thought that everyone would be virtually getting on the plane (good luck anya, so thats what a visa looks like). Anyway June 13th looks good at the moment so look forward to seeing everybody again then

paul and chrissy
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by YFitz
Hopefully you and Paul and Shar and others who couldn't come today will make the next one. How does 13 June look to everyone at the moment?
Hi yvonne

Really sorry to have missed it yesterday.

the 13th june picnic @thetford sounds great and is even closer for us - BONUS. My 8 year old loves it there (and Paul !!!).

We will watch for a new post, perhaps named PICNIC AT THETFORD?

Anyway bubs is fine and doing new stuff everyday, Hope yours is fine and well.

I'm glad you all had a good time yesterday and we look forward to the next meet.

Shar