Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:47 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ovenater
hI ALL WE CAN MAKE THAT DATE AND VENUE.

WHEN WE MET AT THE HERTFORD MEET THE ORGANISER PUT A ENGLAND FLAG (COULDN'T GET AN OZ ONE) IN A BOTTLE ON THE TABLE. ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T READ THE POST ABOUT THIS SO STILL LOOKED LOST. nEWMARKET MIGHT BE A GOOD PLACE AS IT SEEMS IN THE MIDDLE?

SALLY
We've got plenty of aussie items knocking about the house, I'll dig something out.

Newmarket would be fine for us...anyone know a good place there?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by YFitz
Hi all
We're in Woolpit (between Stowmarket and Bury) but will be happy to travel to Cambridge or wherever. We have 3 littlies- age 6, 4 and 4mths who we can bring/leave depending on where and when.
Just a suggestion- The Rushbrooke Arms at Bury- food is nothing special- one of those Brewers Fayre type places- but if people did want to bring kids it's got a climbing/ball pit area and also an outside adventure play area and outside tables. Big carpark, lots of room inside- could book big table. Open all day/eve, it's informal so anyone not wanting a meal could just get a drink from bar or have tea/coffee.

Yvonne
lodged july03
ppc and meds done mar04
Hi again

Yvonne idea sounds ok, what does anyone else reakon?

Meets the kid requirement if people choose to ring them.

Meets the veggie requirement.

Meets the alcohol requirement! Well beer and G&T were mentioned.

Most have said Bury St E is ok.

Yvonne said a table is bookable which is good as it means we wouldn't be waiting for a large table to come up ( although are you sure Yvonee as our local Brewers Fayre doesn't take bookings and is packed on a Sunday!)

Anyway, we'll watch the post for more info.

Cheers

Shar

Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:43 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Paul & Shar
Hi again

Yvonne idea sounds ok, what does anyone else reakon?

Meets the kid requirement if people choose to ring them.

Meets the veggie requirement.

Meets the alcohol requirement! Well beer and G&T were mentioned.

Most have said Bury St E is ok.

Yvonne said a table is bookable which is good as it means we wouldn't be waiting for a large table to come up ( although are you sure Yvonee as our local Brewers Fayre doesn't take bookings and is packed on a Sunday!)

Anyway, we'll watch the post for more info.

Cheers

Shar

I reckon it sounds good - shall we go for the one at Bury then, as it's kind of in the middle?

Sunday 25 April, say 12:00?? Is there a URL for this place so I can get a map etc?

All kiddies of all ages will be very welcome of course (I have to say that, so's I can come along )!

Can we have numbers of who's coming, then we'll know if the table needs to be snug meal-for-2 or King Arthur spec.

Here's a start: there will be 2 of us: Me & Mr Anya.

Anya.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:55 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default URL for the Rushbrooke Arms Pub

http://www.pub-explorer.com/suffolk/...icklesmere.htm
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

i'll be there and with my hubbie John and maybe my daughter hayley but she is 11 and the other kids mentioned are a little younger so she will prefer to stay with big sis.
venue sounds good and I think if you have enough people you can book brewers fayre.

thanks for the link

sally
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Am sure it is bookable as i have seen big family birthday gatherings there where they have shoved a few tables together for lots of people. Will only take a phone call to find out :0
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Have just called and they say thats fine- no problem to reserve- just have to decide if everyone is happy with this venue or not.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:35 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by YFitz
Have just called and they say thats fine- no problem to reserve- just have to decide if everyone is happy with this venue or not.
Thanks for doing that - what a star!

Are we all happy with this venue then?

Blimey, have we made a *decision*? (shock, horror!)

Anya.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

well done yfitz

my daughter will probably come as they have a ball pond so count 3 of us.

we must keep bumping this to get a good response

sally
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:25 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

the date and the venue would be fine for us as my wife and kids seem to spend half their time there anyway in bumpys magic ball pic(so they tell me)tia age 4 and max age 2 will be with us i expect
see you all soon
mark,abbi,tia & max
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking

Glad everybody seems ok with this venue. Bundy, count us 5 in...although I don't suppose the baby need to be counted for a table reservation.
No doubt the other two will disappear off into the balls...only to return when they remember the ice cream is served in little Pingu penguin thingies
Old Mar 31st 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice
Thumbs up

We're free on that day too, so count us in (2 adults and three kids - boys aged 9,8, and 3).
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:54 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, I go home for the night and it all gets arranged in my absence! Fantastic!!! Wish this would happen at work...

Well, I'll be there. Not sure about Mr Bundy as he might be working - never knows until nearer the time - but I'll drag him along if he's free.

YFitz - feel like booking it on our behalf???!!! I'm not shirking my responsibility, honest, it's just that you've done such a great job so far....
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:10 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by bundy
Blimey, I go home for the night and it all gets arranged in my absence! Fantastic!!! Wish this would happen at work...

Well, I'll be there. Not sure about Mr Bundy as he might be working - never knows until nearer the time - but I'll drag him along if he's free.

YFitz - feel like booking it on our behalf???!!! I'm not shirking my responsibility, honest, it's just that you've done such a great job so far....
Yes, I'm beginning to think that we should throw out our useless politicians and elect the Expats Forum instead. In the space of 24 hours, we've evaluated the options, taken the needs of everyone into account, debated the pros/cons, made a decision & allocated responsibilities.

No fannying, no politicking, just getting on with the job in hand

What a talented bunch we are - all you folks in Westminster: *watch out*!

Anya.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:44 am
She's a bird, you know

Default Re: URL for the Rushbrooke Arms Pub

Looks good, by the way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.