Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

calls from and to australia

calls from and to australia

Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default calls from and to australia

I am going to oz and wanted to know a good method for phoneing back home and for someone to be able to contact me or leave message anyone recommend anything.

As of the time difference etc it would be great if i was not available that someone could leave a message and also i could do the same for when nobody is at home.

i think you can do this with phonecards is this correct is there anyother methods i can use as my family are not the best to get hold of.

also would be great if i could make calls from my mobile phone over there using vodaphone to the uk and it be cheap and the same goes for anyone calling me from uk to mobile any ideas.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:32 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: calls from and to australia

Originally posted by brian.w
I am going to oz and wanted to know a good method for phoneing back home and for someone to be able to contact me or leave message anyone recommend anything.

As of the time difference etc it would be great if i was not available that someone could leave a message and also i could do the same for when nobody is at home.

i think you can do this with phonecards is this correct is there anyother methods i can use as my family are not the best to get hold of.

also would be great if i could make calls from my mobile phone over there using vodaphone to the uk and it be cheap and the same goes for anyone calling me from uk to mobile any ideas.
Check out OzCall phone Cards http://www.cardcall.com.au

Australia to the UK - 1.8 cents per minute
64¢ Flagfall per call

to get to the auscall bit, choose the products menu, phone cards, Ozcall.

Even with the 64 cent flagfall, its still quite worth while if you calculate how much you save over a phone call of say, 10 minutes.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

saga is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.topup2call.co.uk.
Calls from UK land line
to Australia landlines is 1p/min
to Australia mobiles is 1p/min
Calls from UK mobile
to Australia landlines is 6p/min
to Australia mobiles is 22p/min

Or you can dial from your landline using access numbers 0870 794 4520 (wkdays, UK national rate) and 0844 570 4520 (wkend 5p).