Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

calling all you plasterers

calling all you plasterers

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all
Default calling all you plasterers

Now that things seem real ....house on the market TRA away etc....my husband is really worried as he thinks as him being the main bread winner! and with all the reports that the plastering is totally different. I think the poor sod is really worried that he is going to fail....yes a sleepless night with....what ifs?
He had been a plasterer since leaving school and is now almost 35 so he has a few years behind him. I keep telling him he is fab at plastering(but then i would)
Just some news of plasterers who are out there any info....comments.....feedback....just anything so i can put his mind to rest
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default Re: calling all you plasterers

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Now that things seem real ....house on the market TRA away etc....my husband is really worried as he thinks as him being the main bread winner! and with all the reports that the plastering is totally different. I think the poor sod is really worried that he is going to fail....yes a sleepless night with....what ifs?
He had been a plasterer since leaving school and is now almost 35 so he has a few years behind him. I keep telling him he is fab at plastering(but then i would)
Just some news of plasterers who are out there any info....comments.....feedback....just anything so i can put his mind to rest
He can always change careers , new country new job. I am ,been doing it for 24yrs and fancy a change. I'm sure it will be fine what ever job he will do. Plenty of work for his trade in Perth.

Last edited by AndyD; Sep 22nd 2005 at 11:56 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:21 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Robs a plasterer (hubby) I think he is having the same concerns especially as he hasnt worked on site for years and does all his own work domestically!!
So be interested in any feedback!
he is also contemplating a career change just not sure what yet!!

kris xx
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi
Robs a plasterer (hubby) I think he is having the same concerns especially as he hasnt worked on site for years and does all his own work domestically!!
So be interested in any feedback!
he is also contemplating a career change just not sure what yet!!

kris xx
Liam my hubby has got his heart on being a postman????? i do not know where he gets that from?
When he said that i had the sleepless nights
Quote"postman by day...plasterer by night"
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:02 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Liam my hubby has got his heart on being a postman????? i do not know where he gets that from?
When he said that i had the sleepless nights
Quote"postman by day...plasterer by night"

It must be a plasterer thing Rob was going to be a milkman so he could get home early!!! :scared:

Kris x
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris maynard
It must be a plasterer thing Rob was going to be a milkman so he could get home early!!! :scared:

Kris x
I noticed you have passed your TRA we are waiting to find out..... :scared:
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Katep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to allKatep is a name known to all

Hi

I can't be that much help, but we do have a friend who went out to Perth and found work as a plasterer within 3 days of landing.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Spread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Katep
Hi

I can't be that much help, but we do have a friend who went out to Perth and found work as a plasterer within 3 days of landing.
HI im a plasterer bit worried about plastering in oz but at the end of the day once hes got use to different materials it will be like rideing a bike rob
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

cooperman is on a distinguished road

I have been plastering here for 15 years and am sure that plastering in Oz cannot be that different.If it was they wouldn't be crying out for us to emigrate would they?It just means a small learning curve and building a new client base.I reckon approx 2 years to get established then bobs your uncle,Loads of regular work----If you want it.Cooperman