Call centres ?

Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Call centres ?

Has the oz economy gone down the same route as in the uk in sourcing call centre ops offshore yet ? Personally I was sort of hoping that they hadnt as I find it very very frustrating that you get put through to someone in a far off land that doesnt really have a clue and just reads back the script to you...arrr......

thought i'd get that off my chest as i just tried to speak to someone from One.tel (formerly British gas) an when i said can i speak to a CSM i got told repeatedly "i you will receive the bill in 7 days sir" like the sir bit really pacifies people..

nightmare...
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:15 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Call centres ?

Originally Posted by chaval
Has the oz economy gone down the same route as in the uk in sourcing call centre ops offshore yet ? Personally I was sort of hoping that they hadnt as I find it very very frustrating that you get put through to someone in a far off land that doesnt really have a clue and just reads back the script to you...arrr......

thought i'd get that off my chest as i just tried to speak to someone from One.tel (formerly British gas) an when i said can i speak to a CSM i got told repeatedly "i you will receive the bill in 7 days sir" like the sir bit really pacifies people..

nightmare...
Is it any worse then having someone sitting in a centre in the UK sitting back reading the script to you who doesnt have a clue?

And yes Aus companies do outsource to Asia
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Is it any worse then having someone sitting in a centre in the UK sitting back reading the script to you who doesnt have a clue?

I wonder who Asia outsources to ?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:10 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I wonder who Asia outsources to ?
actually alot of companies are beginning to move some of their operations back home. Just same numbers at the moment.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

does if they understand english
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:22 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

They all do............well what's written on the promt card anyway
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:54 pm
small steps long journey

Thats actually what I was getting at - even in the UK half the people in the centres dont seem to be able to speak english, like , init ,
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Quite a lot of multinationals now run their internal IT support call centres from Oz. The people speak proper English (more-or-less ) and are IT-savvy.

The main problem for the support agents in Oz is unsocial hours, i.e. night work when Europe/US are in normal working day. Allegedly, night work really stuffs your health up if you do it long term.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats actually what I was getting at - even in the UK half the people in the centres dont seem to be able to speak english, like , init ,

lol...innit..wonder if that got into the oxford dictionary this week innit
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I recently booked a trip with ebookers and had to speak to some one about a slight problem, i spoke to 3 different people because i could not understand what they were saying to me ( they probably thought the same with my brummie accent ) and got really p*&$*d off that they could not help me