Cairns, anyone with children

Cairns, anyone with children

Old May 18th 2008, 3:16 am
Just Joined

bemboka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cairns, anyone with children

Originally Posted by asskwoo
Hi Lorraine & Simon.
Same problem we had I'm afraid with the rentals, which won't be helped with the low amount of available places either. A word of warning, it can take a few weeks to sort out a rental!!!
I'll look into the public transport for you, but you can try searching for "sunbus" they are the local bus service also "loves" bus service for school buses. it takes about 45min by car to jcu from here traffic being good.

There are some cheap places to stay in as temporary accomodation best bet is probably a holiday chalet or something similar.

what visa are you coming on and what are you going to do when you are here?

Andy & Sam.
hi Andy and Sam,
Thats what we are dreading the most finding a rental.What did you do for accomodation when you arrived in Cairns??? I think its a long trip to jcu from Bentley park. We imagined it wil ltake about 20 minutes!!
Well as i am an Australian citizen ,my husband and kids were granted permanent visas. Simon is a professional land and underwater photogragher/ scuba instructor and he has 2 job offers lined up. I have been working from home making curtains for the last 2 years, i have worked in retail, i want to find a job during school hours , i will do anything that pays well!! I am considering taking a course in teaching aid or childcare. I have been a leader with the Malta Girl Guides for the last 12 years so i have experience with other peoples kids!. I will have to see when i get there.
I will do some research on holiday accomodation, and the trip to jcu, thanks for your help.
What jobs do you do?
Lorraine and simon
Old May 27th 2008, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

will family is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Cairns, anyone with children

Hi Sarah, I think I met you at sugar world parks not that long ago I am the one with 4 kids. I live near by and if ever you want to meet up I can bring along the gang I have 3 boys 12,6,and 18mths and a girl 8. Just let me know I know where you are coming from. Elaine: