Cairns it is!

Old May 18th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns it is!

Originally Posted by snappy
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...e210805090.jpg

The other thing I forgot to add was the pure hassle of knowing someone with a boat that likes to take you out to beautiful islands....don't you just hate that Then the added pressure to stop off at Dunk Island on the way home for a liquid lunch is just pure criminal
That is absolutely revolting and i think you should stop posting - you should be more positive to newbies...
Old May 18th 2007, 11:21 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steandleigh
That is absolutely revolting and i think you should stop posting - you should be more positive to newbies...
I'm sure you are the same and ask yourself everyday - Why me??? What did I do to deserve this???

I apologise to all you newbies for my outbursts maybe you should just look elsewhere and leave us poor people to limp through such an awful existence up here in the Far North
Old May 18th 2007, 11:25 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Will you two shut up - we are going stir crazy waiting to exchange contracts so we can book flights to that godforsaken awful place
Old May 18th 2007, 11:28 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
Will you two shut up - we are going stir crazy waiting to exchange contracts so we can book flights to that godforsaken awful place
Sorry J but I've drunk your beer as today was just too much with the blue skies and cool breeze it just drove me to drink

(Hurry up will you )
Old May 18th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure you are the same and ask yourself everyday - Why me??? What did I do to deserve this???

I apologise to all you newbies for my outbursts maybe you should just look elsewhere and leave us poor people to limp through such an awful existence up here in the Far North
Well said

You forgot to mention the threat of Pierre, how water is being dumped, peak hour traffic, having to sit outside in winter in a short sleeve shirt because it is just so nice, etc, etc.

Just keep it quiet ok..

WW
Old May 18th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

After that little outbusrt, I will have a chat with my neighbour who works for Customs to have you completely accustomisied on arrival.
101 Introduction to being laid back
102 Ring top manipulation
103 Buying a boat
201 Chilling out
202 stubbie holder placement
203 Basic ship handling
301 Destressing
302 Head tipping exercises
303 Fish hook baiting
401 Taking in the amazing city backdrop
402 Skulling
403 Fishing

WW
Old May 18th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

HONESTLY, no one really appreciates just how HARD it is living here...I mean, I wake up and have to sit on my patio drinking coffee in 25 degree heat at 6am each morning...AND I have to watch and listen to the bloody kookaburras that visit our garden ...Geez...

THEN, I have to take the kids to school (and honestly, my kids are so divvy - they are happy each morning to go to school, don't they realise how bad it is?) along the highway, through the mountains and valley - it's so ugly...

Later, I have to go to uni with people I have met (and had to make friends with) who are so odd - friendly, chatting, accepting, funny AND smart - it's just SOooooo boring...

Ste has to work 5 days a week for gawds sakes...it's a royal pain in the arse having him at home every weekend with the kids in the pool or playing in the garden...

Weekends are the worst, we have no option but to go camping in the forest (A million years old and untouched for gawds sake...can't they shove a few bulldozers in there for good measure or something?) or sit on the beach (I mean, why can't they attach a sewarage pipe to the water or stick hyperdermics in the sand, like everywhere else?), ... the beaches are virtually empty which is just ridiculous...I really struggle with placing my towel in exactly thje right spot...I MEAN...every weekend, we have to think about where to go and what to do because the weather is always fine and theres no excuse to stay indoors...

Truly, do yourselves a favour...go to tassie...
Old May 18th 2007, 12:10 pm
I need a beer.....

Hubbie was moaning he had to get up to work before dawn and be faced with this...

He has it hard and has a horrible view to look out at during his smoko break

Anyway I rushed down tonight to put my towel down on the beach before I lost my spot for the weekend

Old May 18th 2007, 12:11 pm
I need a beer.....

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Well said

You forgot to mention the threat of Pierre, how water is being dumped, peak hour traffic, having to sit outside in winter in a short sleeve shirt because it is just so nice, etc, etc.

Just keep it quiet ok..

WW
Shhhh Mum's the word

I have to say the rush hour traffic for me is a nightmare as I just hate it if I see one other car on the road...totally spoils my day
Old May 18th 2007, 12:40 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Sorry to butt in but I've just found your thread about Cairns and am so excited there are so many (some is ok isn't it?!?) fellow Brits moved/moving out! Hubby and I are hoping to move out May/June 2008 and I don;t know how I'm going to wait another year! We lived in Cairns whilst on a working holiday visa and can't wait to move out properly and as a marine biologist I can't wait to swim with the sharkies!! They don't bite honest!!

Would be great to have a expat barbie, my hubby soooo needs to be taught how to do a good old aussie BBQ!!

Oh yeah and can definitely vouch for the nightlife, we've spent FAR too many nights in the Woolshed, mind those tables, they can really hurt!!

can't wait

Good luck to all of you moving soon, you lucky things

xx
Old May 18th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shhhh Mum's the word

I have to say the rush hour traffic for me is a nightmare as I just hate it if I see one other car on the road...totally spoils my day
And having to choose which space to park the car in....

The best thing is being able to add water to the coffee rather than having to 'drink' a teaspoon of instant..

WW
Old May 18th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

have flights reserved for next sunday, 27th may!! just need to exchange contracts today FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!! i have been awake since 3am i am so bloody nervous
rub it in will you best of luck to you for the future
Old May 18th 2007, 1:12 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I keep tripping over crocodiles.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
I keep tripping over crocodiles.
Tripping over zebras would be a stretch of the imagination

WW
Old May 18th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

You know thats really cheered me up excited again bring it on!! Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.