Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caboolture Queensland

Caboolture Queensland

Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

burngreavejoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Caboolture Queensland

We are preparing to move to Brisbane and am considering living in Caboolture. I would like to hear from anyone who has already been there or knows anything about it.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

hi
there have been some good posts about caboolture in the past. do a search for caboolture and you will find them
goodluck
wendy
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:49 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Caboolture Queensland

Originally posted by burngreavejoy
We are preparing to move to Brisbane and am considering living in Caboolture. I would like to hear from anyone who has already been there or knows anything about it.
I have lived in Caboolture on and off for over 20 years. It used to be a dairy town and the Butter Factory was the main employer in the town. Those days are gone and so has the butter factory. There are no major industry employers but a glut of support service industries.

It has boomed in recent times mostly because of the electric rail connection to Brisbane CBD. It is really just a Northern suburb of Brisbane. However, you don't have to go far to find rural (small acreage) places to live (around 8 klms from the town and there a lots of bigger blocks, although most of these have been built on). We have just sold a 2 acre block at Upper Caboolture for A$140000. Housing in general is significantly cheaper than Brisbane. However there is next to no nightlife or cultural activities. You will need to go to Brisabne for that.

Bribie Island which has beaches similar to the gulf beaches of Florida is a 20 min drive directly to the east. The sunshine coast is about 40 mins North. Brisbane CBD is a 50 min train ride (A$40 for a weekly ticket) or a less relaxing (depending on traffic) drive of about the same length.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

burngreavejoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
hi
there have been some good posts about caboolture in the past. do a search for caboolture and you will find them
goodluck
wendy
Thanks Wendy. Good advice I'm a novice at this, but am learning.