Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Price of Nice homes on the beach

Price of Nice homes on the beach

Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Price of Nice homes on the beach

We are talking a small hut on the beach , for your beach life.

Portsea may hold the record for the highest price paid on a bathing box at $185,000, but it is humble Tootgarook, near Rye, that boasts the highest average value for a box of any Victorian suburb - at $115,000.

Valuers at Land Victoria have found there are 1669 bathing boxes and boat sheds sprinkled throughout the state - 79 per cent of which lie in the bounds of the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...962879980.html

Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:31 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Price of Nice homes on the beach

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Portsea may hold the record for the highest price paid on a bathing box at $185,000, but it is humble Tootgarook, near Rye, that boasts the highest average value for a box of any Victorian suburb - at $115,000.
I'll take similar offers for changing in public.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:38 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

But at least the sea is nice..

http://www.abc.net.au/kimberley/stories/s821805.htm
Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:51 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of Nice homes on the beach

Originally posted by Megalania
I'll take similar offers for changing in public.
Wish I had the readies but would me guts take such a shock.

Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:57 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
But at least the sea is nice..

http://www.abc.net.au/kimberley/stories/s821805.htm
Youse Pommies goin' all soft and blubbery?
Down To The Sea In Ships
Old Apr 4th 2003, 4:03 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Youse Pommies goin' all soft and blubbery?
Down To The Sea In Ships

Very suss them navy people , I mean kiss me Hardy whats that all about , I went soft years ago too much ale does not help .

Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I was going to the land of real men and sheilas not lily livers who can't change in the open. Why on earth would you lot need a bathing hut. It's not like you have to huddle in the damn thing shivering yer timbers and the like with a towel, duvet and several fleecey cossies (bathers) to battle off the cold. Ahhh many the childhood holiday spent in the bathing hut watching the rain lashing down as you looked out wistfully at the thrashing waves, hands huddled round a plastic mug of weak tea as you contemplated the summer vista.

Old Apr 7th 2003, 1:59 am
Banned

Originally posted by grubelice
Thought I was going to the land of real men and sheilas not lily livers who can't change in the open. Why on earth would you lot need a bathing hut. It's not like you have to huddle in the damn thing shivering yer timbers and the like with a towel, duvet and several fleecey cossies (bathers) to battle off the cold. Ahhh many the childhood holiday spent in the bathing hut watching the rain lashing down as you looked out wistfully at the thrashing waves, hands huddled round a plastic mug of weak tea as you contemplated the summer vista.

You must have been Melbourne then?

Old Apr 7th 2003, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/cgi-b...l?storyid=3510
check this one out and this one hasnt a beach

http://www.findaproperty.com/cgi-bin...l?storyid=2655

this was bought for 90 quid now look at the price
Old Apr 8th 2003, 3:01 am
Banned

Originally posted by bussie
http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/cgi-b...l?storyid=3510
check this one out and this one hasnt a beach

http://www.findaproperty.com/cgi-bin...l?storyid=2655

this was bought for 90 quid now look at the price
So that makes the UK poperty market on a par with Melbourne , but the wage levels less .
Australia has a beach life does it not which is touted as free ?

Old Apr 8th 2003, 9:15 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
So that makes the UK poperty market on a par with Melbourne , but the wage levels less .
Australia has a beach life does it not which is touted as free ?

I don't see how $185,000 = £120,000 even with the dollar rate is poor as it is today (2.59). I just pray it heads up to 3 just after I sell my house
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:18 am
Banned

Originally posted by bored_bean
I don't see how $185,000 = £120,000 even with the dollar rate is poor as it is today (2.59). I just pray it heads up to 3 just after I sell my house
It could just go down to rate we got $1.98 , the rubber dollar bounces both ways .
You quoted top price of a hut not £60K one, if you take the wages here into the sum I would say the for every pound you earn take home expect $1.5 here if you are lucky here as a guide.