Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caboolture district

Caboolture district

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default Caboolture district

I have been looking at living in the Caboolture district. Although there are some threads about the area they are about 4 years old

So whats new? What is it like? Where to live and where not to? What are the schools like?

All help please

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caboolture district

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
I have been looking at living in the Caboolture district. Although there are some threads about the area they are about 4 years old

So whats new? What is it like? Where to live and where not to? What are the schools like?

All help please

Don't think Caboolture has changed much in 40 years, never mind 4
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So you wouldn't live there
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

All help please

R's worked there for the last 8 months, very rough in parts, some very scrungy spots too, but also new housing estates with the bog standard aussie large box type home. Worst bits do look really bad, so do some of the people, rough, but on the outskirts areas of reasonable acerage type places morayfield etc, some of that stuff looks OK, some very nice.

All of its still cheap compared to say SC or GC, obvious reasons for that. All the local shops/ very good facilites for the area. Schools, guess with the mixed population you would get some pretty mixed kids there, but you get that in posh areas too. Crime, there was a murder just up the road from R's job the other morning, just the locals partying on dole night, not random or anything. Theres thousands of blocks of land to be developed, area will certainly keep growing, dont think it will become a super expensive area due to the sheer volume of available land. 30 mins on a good run to SC, similar to northern outskirts of brisbane.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:21 pm
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

All help please

Buy a Bonds blue singlet. You'll be needing it in Caboolture.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HCJ
Mornings are cold now, R went off at 5 am in a flanno Think hes trying to look like a local
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You have got to be joking , even said in jest, such an, ‘of the cuff’ comment is no way warranted.

Caboolture-shire is one of SEQ’s fastest growing areas, population, business and commercial growth since mid 2006 has seen large scale development outstripping any other area in the greater Brisbane area. (info- Chamber of Commerce). Strategically placed as a gateway to Bribie Island, the Sunshine Coast the Blackall Ranges and several National Parks. It is also very well served with pre-school, state and high schools, shopping centres, ample sports facilities and rail and road links to Brisbane city.

Housing types offer a wide range from acreage properties to town house types and as we speak, buy and build land developments seem to be everywhere, (not always a good thing) so population growth has a long way to go yet.

Aesthetically the main town and adjoining shopping strip (Morayfield rd) are certainly no worse/better than many other suburbs, there is, I feel, an ‘openness’ and ‘get away from it all’ (where I live) to the place but with good facilities and lots of undeveloped ‘protected’ land all around.

Blood cooled to a simmer now

Regards

Scot.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotvness
You have got to be joking , even said in jest, such an, ‘of the cuff’ comment is no way warranted.

Caboolture-shire is one of SEQ’s fastest growing areas, population, business and commercial growth since mid 2006 has seen large scale development outstripping any other area in the greater Brisbane area. (info- Chamber of Commerce). Strategically placed as a gateway to Bribie Island, the Sunshine Coast the Blackall Ranges and several National Parks. It is also very well served with pre-school, state and high schools, shopping centres, ample sports facilities and rail and road links to Brisbane city.

Housing types offer a wide range from acreage properties to town house types and as we speak, buy and build land developments seem to be everywhere, (not always a good thing) so population growth has a long way to go yet.

Aesthetically the main town and adjoining shopping strip (Morayfield rd) are certainly no worse/better than many other suburbs, there is, I feel, an ‘openness’ and ‘get away from it all’ (where I live) to the place but with good facilities and lots of undeveloped ‘protected’ land all around.

Blood cooled to a simmer now

Regards

Scot.
Thanks for the open response Why do you say a buy and build is not always a good thing?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Following your replies I now need help with translation

Flanno ?

Bonds Blue Singlet ?

Scrung Spot ?

I thought moving would be easy
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the open response Why do you say a buy and build is not always a good thing?
Just that some lovely natural bush land and wildlife habitat is usually cleared in order to make way for the land on which to build.

Scot
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HCJ
Its Australia FFS, its part of the Country’s culture, to pigeon-hole someone as as your comment infers just because they wear a singlet is simply pathetic and down right snobbery. I would suggest you make some effort to engage a wider section of the Australian people – your life could be so much richer and future comments certainly far less shallow.

Scot:curse:
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scotvness
Its Australia FFS, its part of the Country’s culture, to pigeon-hole someone as as your comment infers just because they wear a singlet is simply pathetic and down right snobbery. I would suggest you make some effort to engage a wider section of the Australian people – your life could be so much richer and future comments certainly far less shallow.

Scot:curse:
Plenty of aussies take the Pi** out of the singlet and flanno too.

What about Hoges, strop, the Norm character, thats all really old aussie humour, Gaz and Shazz, fat pizza ...... You often see it used in cartoons.

Brisbane International airport has a huge mural with welcome to australia guide on it, its all aussie characters, must admit I found it a bit thinking what the heck would people from some more refined nations think but among the characters is the barefoot beerbellied man in the blue singlet, the flanno bloke, the woman is barefoot and pregnant and titled the sheila, or the "Mrs" and the charming phrase "Up the duff" I am not sure overseas guests from Korea or singapore or germany japan etc would get it, but I am assuming its the aussies attempt to laught at themselves.

Anyway I know one lot of aussies who find it funny, rich got the pi** taken out of him all morning for wearing the flanno
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:31 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

All help please

We live in Morayfield.

Acreage property here is actually one of highest , per sale over last quarter in north brisbane. At 630k median price.

There are some undesireable places in any large area, and the older an area is, then inevitably there are a broader spectrum of house types/prices/desirability.

Why anyone would compare in same paragraph, Morayfield / Caboultureshire, to Sunshine or Gold Coast is beyond me.

Bit like comparing Birmingham to Clacton on Sea and Skegness.

Ste
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:58 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Don't know much about Caboolture itself but I attend Uni there and that is very nice. Takes me 15-20 mins from Burpengary, nice friendly small campus.

Paula
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
Don't know much about Caboolture itself but I attend Uni there and that is very nice. Takes me 15-20 mins from Burpengary, nice friendly small campus.

Paula
My lad goes to Caboolture Tafe, and we live on the Burpengary/Morayfield border.. takes us about 10-15 mins too lol

I reckon its a bloody great area.

Shopping is fab , location is fab, its erm... fab !

Apart from the bleeding miniscule wheelie bins, which we have had to upgrade to FAT BASTARD size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.