Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buzzy's House Build

Buzzy's House Build

Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

DivingMissDaisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Buzzy's House Build

Love the views and the size of the plot is fantastic. Thought your Reccie was great so will enjoy reading your updates.

Good luck and hope it all goes well!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buzzy's House Build

Looks fantastic!!! Beautiful site. Good luck with the build!

I am only a teeny bit jealous. LOL.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

How's it all going Buzzy?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I thought you could from the higher parts of Berwick - oh well... You get some great views of the CBD from the hillside houses here - we just look into the bush.
I think you can see the lights if you look hard. And you can see the bay - water on the horizon.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Buzzy, fab news about you building your own home!! You really are giving your new life your all! Good luck and will be keeping an eye on how it goes........
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Wow, what a fabby little project, I wish you the very best of luck with it and will be following your progress with interest.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Here is the view to the rear (our block finishes at the tree in the centre).
As a treat for you Buzzy I've with my expert skills () done an artists impression of how it will look when done ...

>

>

>

>

>

Oh and NOT taking the P ... I'd love to be in a position to buy a duplex let alone a lovely bit of land like that ... good on ya!

I'm just silly ...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
As a treat for you Buzzy I've with my expert skills () done an artists impression of how it will look when done ...

>

>

>

>

>

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...arboundary.jpg

Oh and NOT taking the P ... I'd love to be in a position to buy a duplex let alone a lovely bit of land like that ... good on ya!

I'm just silly ...
Thats very eco friendly - green n all that
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:17 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

$50K sounds too much Simon.

It should be about $10 per cubic metre, to remove.

Say Length 30 metres
Width 20 metres
3 metres deep
Thats 1800 cubic metres @ $10 would be $18K

But as you say I would prefer leaving the hill and using it to build into (ie basement garage).
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Only just seen this and will be following it very closely as OH and I will be moving to the Melbourne area as soon as our UK house sells. We have always wanted to build our own house. The plot you have bought looks fantastic, good luck with it
From a very jealous C & C
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:12 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Not much to update really - researching builders and designers. We have pretty much decided to build with a different material from your standard timber frame and brick facade - will update when some firm news occurs.

Thanks for the design - I will propose it to Mrs Buzzy!!!

Buzzy
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

We have pretty much decided to build with a different material from your standard timber frame and brick facade

Buzzy[/QUOTE]

Hi Simon

Someone we know has just built their house at Sandhurst using a steel frame, might be a bit expensive though. It helps that he works for Bluescope steel

John
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

after many hours of drawings and discussions, we are also going with a steel frame. we are using www.askhomes.com.au and the style we are loosely basing our ideas on is the royal pines. these guys are going to really help us as the thought of sourcing all our materials, getting quotes etc. when half don't even ring you back... would drive us up the wall. of course this company is gold coast based though we have seen heaps of companies australia wide. we like the fact that they will do as much or as little as you need. we are watching an ask home going up round the corner and the owner cannot praise them highly enough for deliveries, labour as required and all queries answered quickly.
good luck, your block looks great!
oh, and we are using green board and render for the walls for the thermal qualities.
karen

Last edited by karenvirginia; Jan 4th 2008 at 10:40 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to be using Insulated Concrete Formwork. The insulation, noise reduction, energy efficiency, ease of build and lack of termite issue have sold us.

We went to see a builder today who is building a 98 square house!!!! It's about as big as Buckingham Palace!!!

For those who are not yet educated on squares, a 98 square house covers about 1/4 acre - which is twice as big as many blocks these days!!!!

Picture attached.

note our build will not be quite this big!

Buzzy
Attached Thumbnails Buzzy's House Build-icf-house.jpg  

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jan 5th 2008 at 7:26 am.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
We are going to be using Insulated Concrete Formwork. The insulation, noise reduction, energy efficiency, ease of build and lack of termite issue have sold us.

We went to see a builder today who is building a 98 square house!!!! It's about as big as Buckingham Palace!!!

For those who are not yet educated on squares, a 98 square house covers about 1/4 acre - which is twice as big as many blocks these days!!!!

Picture attached.

note our build will not be quite this big!

Buzzy
SIPS - the way to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.