Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying furniture in Cairns.

Buying furniture in Cairns.

Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Buying furniture in Cairns.

Originally Posted by Bix
Recently a car sales showroom and forecourt was demolished.
The framework of a new building has gone up, Great big prefab sections.
Just started painting it - blue and yellow
I wonder.
That is the colour scheme used by WOW Sight N Sound.

It could explain why the local electrical retailers have been having major promotional sales lately. That way they reduce the opening impact of the store if everybody has just bought new entertainment gear.

WW
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
We'll club togther for the dynamite.....pleeeeeease stop it
I've just driven past it and it's yellow for about the bottom third and blue on top.
Does that sound like an IKEA store ?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
That is the colour scheme used by WOW Sight N Sound.

It could explain why the local electrical retailers have been having major promotional sales lately. That way they reduce the opening impact of the store if everybody has just bought new entertainment gear.

WW
Posted at the same time WW.

Son has just confirmed it is a new WOW store.
He knows the management.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I've just driven past it and it's yellow for about the bottom third and blue on top.
Not sure but I think IKEA is all blue with the IKEA being yellow, correct me if I'm wrong (as if I need to ask). Cairns is not big enough to take that size of store, bloody hell imagine coming over the top on the skyrail and all you could see is a bloody big Ikea store..........instead of the wonderful view:curse:

It would be shocking.

Jo
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Bix, you drove down just to check???? Such dedication to BE!!

WW
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix, you drove down just to check???? Such dedication to BE!!

WW
We have to look after the public
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix

He knows the management.
Is he going to reduce his travelling time to work?

WW
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Is he going to reduce his travelling time to work?

WW
No, but the top two guys are ex DSE employees.
Area manager and the store manager that first employed him.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:46 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info guys glad I dont need to bring a big container full I am looking forward to going out and buying.

We now have a case officer and have just been asked to get our meds done so our dream of being there in January looks to be getting closer.

Kaye
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Kaye did they ask you for more passport photos they did us i think they must have lost our originals. Hope its not much longer for our visas I cant wait to get back to cairns.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:07 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

No we weren't asked for any additional info thank goodness.

Just have to book medicals and send them off have police checks already.

Kaye
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:36 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thanks for the info guys glad I dont need to bring a big container full I am looking forward to going out and buying.

We now have a case officer and have just been asked to get our meds done so our dream of being there in January looks to be getting closer.

Kaye
Brilliant news Kaye good luck
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:37 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix

He knows the management.
I love the WOW shops so glad they are heading into Cairns as I stocked up with heaps of gadgets and cd's at my last visit to Townsville

Is your son thinking about going to go and work for them then Bix?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:28 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
We'll club togther for the dynamite.....pleeeeeease stop it