Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a flight Aus-UK-Aus from the UK

Buying a flight Aus-UK-Aus from the UK

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying a flight Aus-UK-Aus from the UK

I seem to remember that the "rules" have been changed allowing people to buy a return flight from Aus to the UK from a UK agent. Meaning it should be quite a bit cheaper.

Has anyone actually done this yet, if so from which agent/web site?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:21 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a flight Aus-UK-Aus from the UK

Originally Posted by renth
I seem to remember that the "rules" have been changed allowing people to buy a return flight from Aus to the UK from a UK agent. Meaning it should be quite a bit cheaper.

Has anyone actually done this yet, if so from which agent/web site?
Has it really changed - I have just stumped up 2100 for a return 'cheap' flight with Gulf Air - two stops for August. Doesn't feel cheap when the UK folks tell me they can get the same flight for around 650 GBP!s And with the exchange rate as well....ah well it will interesting to hear the responses as I will be looking in September for return flights for four for Europe.

Cheers
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:25 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked on www.expedia.co.uk to see what it would allow me to do...

If you take the multiple destination option I managed to put in a flight from Perth to Singapore, then on the same day Singapore to london, then a couple of weeks later, london to singapore then singapore to perth.

It let me do it all but the price was over 900UK each :scared:
It gave the impression I could carry on and book it, so maybe something has changed, unfortunately all it could be is the UK agents are now able to sell a route from Aus to the UK for the same amount as we are already being ripped off by the Aus agents....
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I also looked at expedia, just to try it out!!.. did london-brisbane-london and then brisbane-london-brisbane... there was a dirfference of about £100...

Not as much as I expected..

Julie
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:58 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by steve99
I just looked on www.expedia.co.uk to see what it would allow me to do...

If you take the multiple destination option I managed to put in a flight from Perth to Singapore, then on the same day Singapore to london, then a couple of weeks later, london to singapore then singapore to perth.

It let me do it all but the price was over 900UK each :scared:
It gave the impression I could carry on and book it, so maybe something has changed, unfortunately all it could be is the UK agents are now able to sell a route from Aus to the UK for the same amount as we are already being ripped off by the Aus agents....
I think you may be right... But blame the right people.. It's the Airlines that set the fares, not the Agents

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:18 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Hi, I also looked at expedia, just to try it out!!.. did london-brisbane-london and then brisbane-london-brisbane... there was a dirfference of about £100...

Not as much as I expected..

Julie
When I first read about this, the article was saying that the savings on economy would not be huge, but there would be big savings on business and first class.

I did read somewhere that someone had booked through these people http://www.golfaustralia.co.uk/ but they had to call them rather than book through the internet.

Regards
A.